CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (
-   -   Drink Prices? (

ickletarakins May 2nd, 2005 09:13 AM

Drink Prices?
We're traveling on the Valor in June and I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I called Carnival to see if they could tell me what their drink prices were on the ships, you know, for mixed drinks and beers...all they were able to tell me was that they were priced about the same as a bar. Well, I've been all over the U.S., and drink prices are never the same at depends on the location and how nice the bar is. For instance, a nice bar down here serves mixed drinks at $5-6 and beers at $2.50-3.50. I went to New York City a month ago and mixed drinks were $8-11 and beers were $5-6.50. Does anyone remember about what they were paying for mixed drinks and beers on their recent cruises? Thanks in advance for your help!

HappyCruiser383 May 2nd, 2005 11:06 AM

Re: Drink Prices?
We were just on the Conquest. I'm sure the prices would be the same from ship to ship . . or at least I would think so.

The fun ship specials were $6.95 with souvenir cup, $4.95 refill
Bucket of bear was $12 (4 bottles)
Other mixed drinks were $4.95 to $6.95 as well.

Hope this helps!

BoosterMom May 2nd, 2005 11:36 AM

On Carnival, the Special of the Day was sometimes $2.95. It wasn't in a souvenir cup but I remember Bloody Marys, tropical sorts of drinks, but never anything frozen. They are more expensive, $4.95...

BruceT May 2nd, 2005 09:32 PM

Let me see...just back from the a couple of slips here...

Jack Daniels Manhattan: $5.50
Glass of Berringer (wine) $5.25
Daily drink special in large "keepsake" plastic Carnival glass: $6.25, refill in same glass:$4.50, drink special in regular sized bar glass $2.95

cruznRN May 2nd, 2005 10:56 PM

Just off the Valor yesterday.

Captain & Coke -$4.89
Refill Drink of the Day- $5.18
Jaegermeister & Red Bull (Jaeger Bomb) $10.00
Can of Sprite from Mini Bar in room= $1.73
Big Bottle of Water in room $4.03
Small Bottle of water $2.59
Beer (Bud Light) $3.74 each or bucket for $13.23
Bottle of Merlot in dining room $26.45
These are the prices with the gratuity included.

Cruise on the Valor.........Priceless ; ).

Have a great cruise!

ickletarakins May 3rd, 2005 08:23 AM

Thank you all SO much! :o)

Shipbound May 3rd, 2005 11:22 AM

I think the drink prices are cheaper on the cruise ships then in CT. I paid about $4.30 for a pint of Heniken and that included a 15% gratuity. That same drink would cost 5 dollars or more here.