Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
patticake

Default miami airport flight changed to hour earlier, disembarking d

I just got notice from our travel agent that our flight on continental airlines for nine people leaving miami(originally at 1pm) on sunday disembarking day has been changed to 11:45 am. i am having a slight attack. i was originally worried about the 1pm flight time and getting to the airport on time.NOW I AM REALLY WORRIED.

our ta called carnival and told them the problem and they said no problem. any one can say no problem. they said we will be in the first group to get off, but even at that, how early is the first group getting off. we will have to be at the airport by 10:45am . how is that going to possibly happen?? we dock at 8am and from what we hear, customs allows no one off until at least almost 11 am. we made our own airline reservations through the ta and did not have carnival do it. i am thinking nightmare time coming this july when we go in this cruise.

i am going to call carnival and present them with this and see if they tell us the same thing they told the ta. it says in the brochure not to make your reser. any earlier that 2pm which 1pm was pushing the envelope. carnival told the ta that in the summer they use a whole different schedule for flight times and you can leave miami earlier but 11;45AM is really early. HELP, HELP, HELP I AM LOSING IT QUICKLY HERE.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: miami airport flight changed to hour earlier, disembarki

They do allow people off before 11. I was at Fort Lauderdale airport at 10 a.m. in April and I was one of the first groups off the ship.... BUT that is barring any delays... the ship clearing customs, ship being slightly late, etc.... You are going to be cutting it very close. Miami airport is a very busy airport and traffic into Miami needs to be considered as well. If this is air that you booked yourself, I would call the airline and find out if there is a later flight. Before I called, I would check on line which flights are available and if there are seats available that way when they say all later flights are sold out... you have some ammunition. They shouldn't charge you because it's the airline that changed the flight time...if the rep that answers the phone can't help.... speak to their supervisor ...

good luck!

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Patty,
What airline are you on? Reason I ask, we flew American, and now in Miami, you can check in with the airline and also check luggage, get boarding passes, everything, it was quick and easy. Then all we had to do was get a cab to the airport...

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm just curious.... if they tell you not to book a flight earlier than 2:00 pm, why would you book a flight that leaves at 1:00 pm and then spend months stressing over it?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:15 PM
Passenger

Just back from the Glory on 4/30. We had engine troubles in Progresso. Ship was late. Lots of people missed their flights. I heard a bunch on our shuttle bus calling on cell phones to try to get changes. I was wondering why they crowded the "no earlier than 2:00 advice in the first place... by then, I'll bet they were too.

The ship was 1.5 hours late and disembarking was a somewhat "messy". Some of the people in our group didn't get their bags for quite awhile. We weren't trying to rush off the boat, but we didn't waste any time either. By the time we were in line at the USAir counter in Orlando, it was 2:30.

I realize that you are closer to the airport on your ship, but you are going to have to have everything go right and get a few breaks to pull this off.

Here's what I'd recommend if you can't get the flight changed. Make sure that you can tote all of your luggage and use self debarkation (if they allow it in Miami). As soon as they call that they are starting self debarkation...go. Even if they haven't called your deck...just go. They aren't checking people to make sure thay come off in order, at least they didn't on the Glory. My son had to get off early and he just went for it...no one said a thing. He got a nice head start and caught his early flight...which...as it turns out...got delayed due to bad weather in the Northeast. ;-)
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Contact your TA. If menory serves, if an airline alters a flight time by of 1 hour or more you have the option to change your reservation to a later/earlier flight. No charge to you. But contact your TA to confirm this.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:26 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Contact yr TA and INSIST that flights be changed at NO surcharge. You are cutting it WAY to close.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: miami airport flight changed to hour earlier, disemb

Hi Boostermum,

If it is any consolation, when we were on the Victory last year, we had no flight to catch as we were heading off to Las Olas area of F. Lauderdale and couldn't even check into our hotel until 3p.m. so we were in no rush at all.

Having said that, we were off the Victory, in our cab and sitting in Las Olas boulevard having left our luggage with the Hotel Porter having a coffee at 11.00a.m!!!! - amazing so it is a gamble and could come off, but as others have said to you above, as the airline has changed the timings, you should be able to change to a later flight for free. If nothing else, at least you will have peace of mind.

REgards,
KG
Old May 3rd, 2005, 07:06 AM
BoosterMom

Hi Kimmiegirl:

Thanks for the nice words, but it is patticake who has the airline problem, not Boostermom. Sweet of you to think about me though.........
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:30 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: miami airport flight changed to hour earlier, disemb

Oops sorry Boostermum and Patticake for the mistake - must have just read something from Boostermum and it stayed with me.......

Sorry for the mistake.

Regards,

KG
Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Shipbound

Last year Us airways changed my flight out of FLL. I told them that I was getting off a cruise ship and I got better flight times to Fll and the returning to BDL. Call the airlines!!.

Gary