Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
PATTICAKE

Default food availability room service night before disembark.

can we get room service food late the night before day of disembark. that will keep over night and /or something to put in collapsible ice chest.? what is the status of food service(not room service) on the morning of disembark.?

our problem is this. if we do make our flight of 11:45am we are going to have 0 time to get anything for anyone to eat, in the airport especially the kids ages 5 through 12. we have a three hour flight into cleveland. i do not think there will be any food on the plane. i would hate to think no food from sat. night until sunday after at 3pm in cleveland. any info. would help. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
ToddinCanada

Default Re: food availability room service night before disembark.

Hi -

I just got off the Glory last weekend. Full room service/ food service was available until 4am on the morning of disembark.

Full breakfast was available in the dining rooms after that. Hope that helps.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:08 PM
cruisingrandma

With plenty of time to have a huge breakfast before u leave the ship i would think u will all be fine. I am not sure taking food off the ship will work. they may stop u. Not sure. I know u cant take any fruit off the ship at all. airports also have nice stations u can get the kids a sandwich or muffins for the flight.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
BoosterMom

Patticake:

We even got room service the morning we disembarked the Inspriation in Jan. They delivered it at 6:15 a.m. We got coffee, danish, rolls, jelly, etc. Can someone in the group go up to buffet and load up a plate for the little ones with cereal, milk, etc.?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM
Passenger

From Carnival Capers our last night on the Glory:
"Regular room service will stop at 4:00am. However, room service breakfast may be ordered for tomorrow morning by completeing the breakfast order card in your cabin or by dialing 8000."

Plus the full breakfast buffet is open that morning.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
Passenger

OBTW
The breakfast buffet was scheduled to open very early for debarkation. 5:45am. Long before the ship docked.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:12 AM
Admiral

I did the breakfast buffet, before our group was called to leave the ship on the Legend. We then stopped at a Subway where I purchased a sandwich to bring on the ship. You could easily take one off the ship if you order room service, but one night after left a port during the cruise,the room service lines were so tied up no one answered the phone. Guess everyone else was tired and hungry and didn't want to go to the buffet or dining room. I ordered breakfast in the room almost every day and that was very easy just put the slip out the night before and order as much food as you want, then tip the room steward a few dollars when it's delivered. Hope that was some help to you. Hope you have a great time!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:15 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

One of the stops in addition to customs and immigration as you are disembarking is a question by a Dept of Agriculture agent re: any food, plant or animal material you are disembarking with. You may NOT bring any nonpackaged stuff off the ship.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
CandiPinki

Whether you can or can't take food off of the ship, I've done it before and I've been fine. I had ordered cookies the night before and didn't eat them all so I stuck them in one of my bags. They were a yummy reminder of the cruise when I got home!

Oh, and on our first crusie, we had bought a round fruit in Mexico that you almost never see in the states. As our room was all the way aft and it shook when the ship turned, one of the fruits rolled into my shoe bag while I wasn't in the room. I've got a rather large shoe bag so I just threw my last pair of shoes into it and zipped it up not knowing what it had in it. When the asked if we had any fruit, I honestly answered no but when I unpacked my shoe bag, I had a surprise!

I wouldn't reccomend it but it can be done.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Bringing fruit into the country can be devastating! This is the reason why there is a very substansial fine or possibly imprisonment if caught. Doing the wink-wink I didn't know isn't going to cut it, they will still rightfully so charge you and take you into custody. DO NOT DO THIS! Many of the problems we have in Florida stem from people bringing into the USA products not native. Sorry if I sound ranting about this but it is a very big deal. Eat a large breakfast and if you wish buy what you want elsewhere but DO NOT TAKE ANY FOOD OFF THE SHIP!
Jim

Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
ksmith@netcom.com

As others have said room service breakfast can be ordered the night before or you can have breakfast in the dining room or at the buffet. We always have a leisurely breakfast at the buffet while waiting to be called to leave the ship. We also pack snacks from the buffet to eat on the long trip home. We have never had any problems with customs, even when we disembarked with my baby munching on the snacks in plain view!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Most ports have restaurants right there at the pier too and all airports have food as well. But I would just eat a nice large breakfast before getting off the ship.

Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
CandiPinki

It wasn't a wink wink mistake. It was an honest, I really, truely, had no idea I had that piece of fruit. I have not and would not ever intentionally bring fruit into the US. Ever. It was an accident.

When I brought the cookies off, I don't think I was even asked if I brought anything off. I did bring the cookies on purpose and if I was asked, I would say that I had them with me. Maybe that's because it was the port in Galveston.
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: food availability room service night before disembar

There is a reason no food is allowed off the ship. You can inadvertently introduce diseases or insects into the United States that may have a terrible impact on livestock, agriculture, etc.

DO NOT BRING FOOD OFF THE SHIP!!!!!
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: food availability room service night before dise

Pattiecake - you are one big bundle of nerces and worries. RELAX, please. Don't worry three months in advance about getting a snack on the way home. It will all work out.

Also.... how many other adults are in your group? How about you worry only about yourself and your immediate family (spouse, children) and let the other adults take care of themselves???

Really, I mean it from the bottom of my heart - take a chill pill, slow down, and enjoy yourself. And take my advice from the other post - change your flight now to the later one. That solves the "what if we don't get off the ship in time" worry AND the "what if we don't have time to eat anything before we leave" worry.

See? Two problems, one solution for both