Dear diverbl, first of all i do not just fret all this time for nothing. when there are nine people in a group i go over the options very seriously before i make the judgement.
when we first booked the cruise on the victory, we are flying out of cleveland, which is still a two hour drive to our home after getting into cleveland. the next flight out of miami to cleveland on sunday was much later in the day. the choices for flights between cleve. and miami is very limited believe it or not. so our travel agent called carnival and said to them what do you think of a flight at 1pm, even though the brochure stated no flights earlier than 2pm. carnival said to her over and over again, no problem, 1pm is fine. so rather than get into cleveland really late and still have a two hour drive to get home we took the 1pm flight, but iwas still worried.
so i called carnival myself just to see what response i got and i got and even better answer. they told me that the 2pm suggestion for flights was being changed and earlier flights were being viewed as ok. i felt better but the worrier i am was still causing a slight nagging feeling inside me about all of these problems i read from all of you on these message boards. however i had accepted all of it and was breathing easier and had decided it will be ok.
when ta called me yester day and told me about this new earlier flight time all the worries came flooding back. of course she called carnival again and they told her now they are suggesting flights as early as 11:30am are ok, no problem. i within the hour called carnival and got the exact same answer.BARRING NO PROBLEMS WITH CUSTOMS, SHIP DOCKING LATE, WHATEVER ELSE IN THE WORLD COULD HAPPEN. they told me we could very easily be off the ship by 10 to 10:15am and on our way to the airport. now listening to all of you again i am sure something will happen and we will be sitting with this group of adults and kids in miami wondering what do we do now.
do we call continental and explain to them the situation and say we want to be on that later flight at the same cost and insist or take our chances. my husband is not really worried at all. he is not the worrier as you can see. he says tome, we will figure something out, roll with the punches, patty.
so i got up this morning and called the ta and went over all my worries with her again, again, and again and her commetn to me was, if you are going to miss the flight, continental will get you on a flight home and quit worrying about it. i said to her what about calling continental and suggesting my idea of the later flight. she had a customer waiting and is calling me back. she also said to me that she got off of a ship and had a 11am flight out of ft. lauderdale and made the flight with time to spare. this is my story diverbl. patticake