Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holiday ship

My family and I are booked for the Holiday in June. Has anyone cruised lately on this ship? How are the cabins and anything else on the ship? Just curious and excited.
Joy

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Holiday ship

The Holiday was the first cruise that we took and although it is one of the smallest ships the rooms were in good shape and the staff was unbelievably great. The bartender saw us coming and he had our Diet Coke and DP ready when we got there and the dinning staff call my kids by name everynight. Enjoy her!

Glory Jan. 2006
Old May 5th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Dixie Lee

Sailed on the Holiday back in October. Our first cruise with CCL was on the Fascination, a much bigger ship and, for us, it was a disappointment. But the Holiday restored our faith in Carnival. The ship had been refurbed before starting her sailings out of Mobile, and thus, the ship was in immaculate shape for being one of Carnival's first ships built. New carpet, tasteful decors, cabins and bathrooms were spotless, new duvet covers on the beds, very comfortable beds and pillows. The crew was great! Being a smaller ship, in my opinion, allowed for the crew to give everyone a little extra attention. Very friendly and always there ready to do anything for the passengers. Food in the dining room was not the best, but the buffets were wonderful. Pizza bar had some of the best pizza we have eaten. Shows were good - all in all, the Holiday was everything for us that the Fascination was not. Now, keep in mind, we sailed on the Fascination two years ago, and so we don't hold that against CCL too much. We enjoyed the Holiday so much that we booked a cruise on her sister ship, the Celebration and leave for the Bahamas on the 16th of this month. You will have a great cruise. Embarkation is the smoothest we have seen. The new terminal in Mobile is great. Parking garage right next to the ship. Pull in, give the porters your bags, park and walk right in. Mobile also turned out to be a pleasant suprise. We live in Alabama but had never spent any time in Mobile - did not think that there was much there. Boy, were we suprised. We toured a Spanish fort, one of the many museums, rode through the historical district (beautiful!) and had breakfast the morning of our cruise downtown at "A Spot of Tea" - it was wonderful. We will definitely go back as we are only 4 hours from Mobile.
Enjoy, Dixie Lee
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Yeoman

I haven't sailed on her in years but will never forget the peace and quiet I enjoyed at the Aft bar. It was so nice sitting there enjoying my drink with little or no noise while a humming bird helped himself to the fruit on my drink. Unforgettable! We also saw some whale while enjoying an early evening show.

Holiday May 2000
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Brian123456

I am going may14 on holiday, i will let you know.
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Passenger

I sailed the Holiday last October, I actually was on the first trip out of Mobile and had a wonderful time. I do think people may have negative things to say about it because the want the glitz of some of the bigger ships is the fleet and that is fine with me. I like the smaller ships so you actually run into the same people from time to time and not stay lost. Always keep a good outlook and you will have a wonderful time on your cruise. I like it so much I am booked on the Holiday in July and October. I must like it.

Terri
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everybody. We cannot wait!

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005