Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Superkid

Default Carnival Pride

I'm going on a Mexican Riviera cruise in Oct of next year on the Pride in a suite.

How good is the Pride? And How good is the service?

Thinks
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Pride

I went last May 8th....it was wonderful. The ship, the service, the food, the shows, the spa.....all of it. There are several threads already started here on the Pride....so check them out for more info. If there is something specific you want to know.....pose it as a question and someone will answer you..maybe even me! Ha ha
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Herm

I sailed on the Pride (Mexican Reviera) in January and it was great...The ship, service, activities, etc. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and your date of departure will be great...Should expect perfect weather...Have a great time...
Old May 10th, 2005, 01:23 AM
superkid

thinks for the ideas? but i cancel the cruise.
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Passenger

You cancelled your cruise? That is a bummer.....
Old May 11th, 2005, 07:26 PM
rosetattoo

I found the Carnival Pride to be too big and the decor almost gothic, dark and brooding, very different from other Carnival ships I have sailed on.
Old May 11th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Passenger

Hhhhmmm, well, it is a big ship...but I didn't find it to be *gothic* or *brooding*. It is rich in color....not bright and cheery.....but most newer hotels and resorts are going for the darker richer colors, now too. I have been in a few in the last year and that seems to be the trend.

I guess if you are wanting something bright and cheery in decor....maybe the Disney Cruise would be for you??!! OR try a Disney resort!
Old May 12th, 2005, 03:55 AM
superkid

Change of plans i'm taking my cruise on the Carnival Pride in Oct of next year. But this time i book in a 1A cabin.
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:13 AM
rosetattoo

MomOnTheGo.....Disney cruise? Never, I want to enjoy my cruise, all those children running around would drive me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney World but would never cruise on their ships. Other Carnival ships have a bright, colorful, cheerful decor...the Pride is totally different. My daily work environment is gloomy enough, I want color when I cruise.
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Passenger

rosetattoo, PERSONALLY, I have NEVER wanted to go on a Disney cruise, either...but I was thinking if superkid wanted bright and cheery environment, that would probably be it! Ha ha!

I know we went on a short cruise in January on the Paradise and it was definitely different than the Pride, older ship, but still incredibly tastefully decorated, but lighter colors......so you can get something different on different ships and different lines.

The Disney Cruise idea was just for the cheerfulness, brightness that this person was wanting. I don't think you will ever find me on a Disney Cruise....especially since my kids are pretty much past that stage....but you know, never say never! Ha ha!
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:21 PM
rosetattoo

MomOnTheGo.....I'm with you, if someone offered me a free cruise on Disney, I wouldn't turn it down. Just returned from a 7 nighter on the Carnival Valor, tastefully decorated in patriotic/historical themes....the Bronx Bar was perfect for every Yankee fan on the ship, the food was great and drinks in the Lobby Bar before dinner....perfect. A lot of passengers took advantage of the free Sushi on the Promenade Deck before dinner. Every Carnival ship I have sailed on has exceeded my expectations in the food department. Great cruise!
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:00 PM
superkid

Right on Momonthego I'm with you. Carnival Cruise Lines is the Best
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
superkid

Cancel again
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:06 PM
superkid

Cancel again