Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Beginner

Default Disney Cruise VS. Carnival Inspiration?

Has anyone taken a Disney Cruise and then a Carnival Cruise or vice versa and can you share your opinions on which was better? We are traveling with 2 boys, 10 and 13 years old. We did Disney last year, 3 Days and will be doing Inspiration this year for 5 days.
Looking for any opinions out there! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2005, 04:34 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: Disney Cruise VS. Carnival Inspiration?

We had a great time on the Inspiration in 2003 (family with 2 boys, ages 13 and 15). Yes, it is an older ship, but the food, service and activities were wonderful. We combined this with a one week stay in WDW and our 2 week vacation cost about the same as a one week Disney cruise. (This was when the Inspiration sailed 7 day Western Caribben route).
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Minivanmama

Default Re: Disney Cruise VS. Carnival Inspiration?

I was on the Carnival Legend with my husband and the Disney Magic with our kids. We enjoyed both ships. There is no gambling on the Magic. I don't gamble so that was not important to me. My kids did not want to spend time in the clubs at Disney so I cannot comment. The Legend has a good deal of late night options. After a full day I went to bed by midnight so I really can't comment. The Magic is a beautiful ship and has and adult only pool I really enjoyed that.. The pools on the Magic are fresh water the pools on Carnival's ships are salt water. The Legend has a cool corkscrew slide the Magic has a small kiddie slide. I The Magic is a better looking ship. The magic stayed in Port longer than the carnival ships giving you a full day in Key West and Cozumel. That was really important to us. The magic also included soda with dinner. But the Disney Magics price tag is much higher than Carnival. When comparing, check the ports you visit and the time spent there compared to Carnival. If you want to save $ go with Carnival. Also, don't forget about NCL. Freestyle dining is great.