Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Passenger

Default What's the best spa treatment that you have had?

Hello everyone!
I am looking into getting a spa treatment of some sort on the Triumph. I leave for Canada in 46 days. What is the best treatment? Facials, massages, etc. ? I want to indulge at least once. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:18 PM
CherylR

Default Re: What's the best spa treatment that you have had?

I hear the hot stone therapy is fabulous. Look for specials each day for certain services but they do book up fast. Last week we were on the Valor and instead of paying $100 for a massage on the ship, I paid $30 for one right on the beach in Honduras under palm and banana trees for over 30 minutes. It was fantastic!
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Keri Send a message via MSN to Keri Send a message via Yahoo to Keri

I've only had my hair done, but it was seriously the best cut/style I've ever had!! The stylist was great - from Austrialia. We took a tour of the spa the first night on board, and that first night a lot of the treatments were on sale, we got to see how all of them worked, the hot stones look SO relaxing..but just the massage from the shampoo when I got my hair cut was great!

Old May 12th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Yeoman

After 4 cruises, I've been tring to get my wife to have one, and she hadn't done it yet ! They look so relaxing ! Endulge yourself, go for it ! And after your through, have one of those cute little drinks with the umbrella in it for me ! lol !

Happy cruising;
david
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:11 PM
mikee

the first thing my wife and I do upon boarding the ship is head right to the spa and book massages. they are less expensive on port days so we schedule one late afternoon
on a port day and another on the last sea day. I had an hour massage on the glory last
year and the girl had to wake me up when she was done. to say the least it was very relaxing and worth the money. splurge a little and enjoy your on vacation.
HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: What's the best spa treatment that you have had?

Do you tip the massage people? If so, how much is he norm?
cheryl
Old May 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
mikee

I usually tip about 7 or 8 dollars for a 1/2 hour and 12 to 15 for an hour massage
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM
givepa

We were only on a 3 day on the Fantasy, but I enjoyed a spa sampler, which was a back massage, facial and foot massage. They do try to get you to buy the products afterwards.

There was also a drawing on the day of embarkation, where they gave away several free services. The winner had to be present, and there were only about 25 people present, so you had a good chance.

Port days are cheaper, but as the weekend wore on, more coupons were delivered to our room offering even larger discounts (they probably do that for the people who attend the drawing - I don't think the coupons go to everyone!)

Have a great time!
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Passenger

I have done several of the different spa services and have found most of them to be wonderful.

I did do a pedicure once, and won't do that agai...it was just so-so. I get them done on a regular basis here at home, so it wasn't anything special.

The facials are GREAT....very deep cleaning and so relaxing.

The full body massages are to die for! I have done one solo and then one as a couples massage (which we bid for on the last day of our cruise and WON!). It was very fun!!!

The Detox full body massage is good too....but if you do it, be prepared to go ahead and do the whole detox with your body, otherwise, it is a waste of money! The whole reason in getting the detox massage is to start you off in a three month detox of your body. I did do it and it is great!!!

So whatever you choose, I am sure you will love it and it will be very worth your time and money spent on it. I HIGHLY recommend it, expecially to those who very rarely or NEVER get to pamper themselves!
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Tipping is pretty standard 18%

Old May 13th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Admiral

I like to get the Spa Sampler, massage and facial which usually runs about $79 or $99 for 3 treatments and I tip the normal 15%. This last cruise I had a very tiny girl and it was uncomfortable because everytime she leaned over I could feel her clothing, necklace, etc. I told her I was only there for relaxation but of course she tried to sell me products.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Passenger

Hello everyone!
Thanks for the insight. I am looking foreward to being pampered with at least a message and maybe a facial. They have hairstyling, but what about make-up application or learning sessions? Is that there?

Thanks
~Colleen
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Annie Dudley

Colleen,

I just thought I'd chime in here. You've been given good advice on which treatment and how to get deals but I thought I'd warn you that they WILL try to sell you products. Expensive products! If you go in with the mind set that you don't need any and don't be offended if they hint that you DO need their stuff, then you'll be fine. I was a bit taken aback my first time and felt a little like I was at a Kirby convention :o)

Forewarned is fore-armed, so go on and have a good time.

Annie
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Annie, is right, they WILL try to sell you their products that they use. They don't get real hot and heavy with pressuring you (or at least in my experience it hasn't been that way), but you do need to be prepared with that information. Personally, I have purchased some products, but then when I run out , I do have to order it online. They are NOT locally available here where I live.

But go and enjoy your spa time! It is wonderful!
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:31 PM
First Mate

I visited the spa first thing on one cruise and they asked me to be a model (receiving the service for FREE!) during the spa tour. I received the Seaweed Wrap Massage ... wonderful. Another favorite of mine is the Frangipane Oil Ritual Massage. Oil treatment for my hair, dried by the sea air and salt water, along with a scalp, shoulder and arm massage. Wonderful!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old May 14th, 2005, 03:02 PM
CherylR

I just got back from the Valor last week and have some prices for you, although they might change according to the ship, but it will give you an idea of what they have. Keep an eye on the Capers delivered to your room each night as they have specials like 2 for 1 on certain days and in-port specials. These are the IN-PORT specials they had advertised in their flyer:
LT oxygen lifting facial : $79
Aroma-spa Ocean massage: aromatherapy with a foil wrap and pressure point reflexology, shiatsu scalp massage and a 25 minute body massage $131 (sounds heavenly!)
Beauty Cocktail: pick 3 of these for $45.....Mini-facial, conditioning hair treatment, scalp massage, foot & ankle massage, french hand spa, collagen eye treatment, bronzing makeup, hand and arm massage, 5 hair foils.

On the last day they had a spa facial for only $29 for 25 minutes, and a full body massage or reflexology for 50 minutes for $99.
Hope this helps! Be prepared though....like everyone said, they will try to sell you very expensive products related to your spa treatment.
Old May 14th, 2005, 11:48 PM
First Mate

I did the scalp massage they do scalp and neck on it was very good. I did the spa tour on first night and won a discount . So did the relaxtion machine and fell a sleep it was so good.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2