Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Beginner

Default Has anyone gotten a Day Pass to a resort in Cozumel?

I was wondering if anyone has just bought Day Passes to one of the resorts on Cozumel instead of going to one of the beaches for snorkeling? I was considering Plaza Mia but it seems like it would be extremely crowded and then I started emailing resorts and found Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa and their rates for a Day Pass seem decent. They even include a $15 food voucher in their "admission". Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so, was it less crowded, worth the money, etc. Seems the snorkling is said to be great at this resort and they have a huge nice pool which is what we are looking for too. Anyone done this?
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Has anyone gotten a Day Pass to a resort in Cozumel?

I tried to ask this a month or so ago and got no response... I guess not that many people have tried it.

We ended up doing the Passion Island excursion instead. It was a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM
hazoora

Yes, i have done this. I have stayed at the intercontinental and highly recommend it. If you have any further questions you can e-mail me.
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:25 PM
PLR7496

I didn't that Playa Mia was crowded at all. We went back in early May and it was really nice. The weather was kind of icky but we still had a good time.
Old May 18th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Admiral

I have stayed there when it was the EL Presidente on a land vacation years ago. The hotel had a nice, long beach with shade and loungers. The pool was nice too. There was an open air restaurant/bar overlooking the water (food was $$$ even years ago).

The snorkeling in front of the hotel was very good then. The reason is that the beach is mostly man-made, on top of the black limestone "iron shore". There are ladders into the water. We would walk all the way down to the end of the property, get in, and drift and snorkel our way to the other end. Lots of fish, at least then anyway.

How much is the day pass?

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:26 AM
cruzn buckeye

I am considering the Nachi Cocum Beach club. It is $32pp including open bar and food.
You can check it out at cozumelcruiseexcursions.com
Old May 22nd, 2005, 06:50 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Has anyone gotten a Day Pass to a resort in Cozumel?

$45 pp for adults and that includes a $15 food voucher. Kids under 12 are $22.50 with a $7.50 food voucher.