CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival sea miles credit card (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203967-carnival-sea-miles-credit-card.html)

lv2cruise May 16th, 2005 09:00 PM

Carnival sea miles credit card

Is anyone using this card? Are there a lot of restrictions to booking a cruise? Has anyone actually used their seamiles to booked a cruise ? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terri102066 May 17th, 2005 08:22 AM

Re: Carnival sea miles credit card

I have just received my card. I still haven't gotten a bill yet, so I can't answer any questions, but I would love to hear any feedback on the benifits that other people have experienced.

Terri

Happy Camper May 17th, 2005 08:26 AM

They just switched to this card in December/January from a Capital One card that gave points. I didn't switch with them because in checking into it you had to have 50,000 points (1 point per $ spent) to get $500 off a Carnival cruise and they wanted you to book it using their price system. On the last card - Capital One - it was 22,000 points (at $1 per point) which was a lot more reasonable to me and you could book with anyone for any price and use the discount. I switched to the NCL card MBNA has instead. I've had and have used points with Carnival's different cards for 6 years and have enjoyed the money off and the cruises but 50,000 is a lot. RCL and Celebrity are the same 50,000 too so it is not unreasonable just not a great deal. I go for money off since the cruises are the prices they are lately it works out better than the upgrades. If I'm wrong on the amount of points - please tell me. The points and money off work great just seem to high for me.. Debbie

outdoors27 May 17th, 2005 02:11 PM

My wife just sined up for the card about a month and a half ago. Its not a bad deal and it's not 50,000 points for a $500.00 discount it's only 10,000. (Not trying to sound like a jerk Happy Camper) Then again if you read the awards page it says, up to $500.00 and then of course it refers to section two of the fine print. One thing to be aware of , and this was my fault, read the fine print if you chose to do a balance transfer, which we failed to realize until we did the acutual transaction. Oh, well!!! Also if you still have points on your capital one card, any points erand up to May 31st will be transfer over at the end of June. At least that is what they told me. Just go to Carnivals website and do a serch for Sea Miles. Once your there, towards teh page you can click on awards. This will take you to a PDF file which shows what you get. I hope this helps.

themomtk May 17th, 2005 08:25 PM

I had the capital one card and used my points for Champagne and fruit baskets on our cruises.