Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Bill S

Default Ocho Rios and Shopping

On May 4, 2005, we had a GREAT time in Ocho Rios. We did the Dunns River Falls excursion and visited Dolphin Cove. The falls excursion was WONDERFUL!!! Yes, it seemed like it could be a little dangerous, but I had a massive heart attack last August at 48 years old and climbing the falls (and yes, I mean climbing through the water) was not exhausting. We were not rushed at all. There were shops we had to exit through after the falls climb which did not offer the most comfortable shopping experience. Everyone was very nice but they sure did pressure to look and buy.

Dolphin Cove was pretty neat too. We did not participate in the dolphin petting thought, just a little too expensive for us.

Shopping in the Taj Mahal and Island Paradise (I think it was called) was less pressure and much more enjoyable. Although, I was somewhat taken advantage of at the Jewel Palace at the Taj Mahal shopping area. I bought a Nikon digital camera that I "thought" was a great deal. The price was higher than I wanted to pay but I was told it had a complete 2 year warranty. The warranty pushed me into the sale. Once I had the chance to read the warranty information while on our cruise ship, it was actually a 1 year warranty. Jewel Palace was "supposed" to have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but they have yet to respond to my requires for an adjustment on the cost. So, don't believe what the sales people "SAY" at the Jewel Palace.
Sponsored Links