CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   infants in pool (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203986-infants-pool.html)

JoyL May 18th, 2005 04:12 AM

infants in pool

Is a 1 year old allowed in the childrens pool? I read somewhere that children in diapers are not allowed in any pool on board. that would be a bummer for us. My grandson will be 15 months old when we cruise and he loves the water. We will be on the Holiday.

phoebe May 18th, 2005 06:51 AM

Re: infants in pool

They are not allowed in the pool if they are not potty trained.

Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.
Lifeguards are not on duty.
Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited.

CruisegirlKim May 18th, 2005 07:53 AM

NOPE if they are in even swimie diapers they are not allowed in the pool.

snorkelman May 18th, 2005 08:06 AM

Re: Re: infants in pool

Well it happens all the time, but I think that most people (not just busy bodies) would not enjoy kids in diapers in their pool.

The term that I have heard before which comes to mind is "fecal teabags."

By the way, I have two children who are not potty trained and I would not even consider putting them into a public pool - even in the swim diapers.

Of course they go in my own pool, but that is because I am willing to take the risk of getting sick. But I would not subject others to that risk.

Chlorine can kill diseases and bacteria, but there are always problems with keeping the levels proper - that is why they have had to shut down water parks in the last few summers!

CruisegirlKim May 18th, 2005 11:09 AM

The chair thing bothers me! LOL

JoyL May 18th, 2005 01:15 PM

I understand everybody's thinking, but I want to know about the kiddie pools,not the adult pools. The adult pools were never a thought, I thought if they had children's pools and all the children couldn't use it, why have one? I am not one for breaking rules, I wanted to know specifically about the children's pools. That was my original question.

nolou525 May 18th, 2005 01:22 PM

From the carnival website----

Use of the Pools:
Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.
Lifeguards are not on duty.
Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited.

JoyL May 18th, 2005 01:24 PM

so you have to be 13 to use the children's pool?!!

Tink63 May 18th, 2005 01:41 PM

Those under 13 must have adult supervision. I never put my daughter in the kiddie pool until she was potty trained, and now she is 7 and still likes to get in the kiddie pool because she can stand up in the water whereas she can't in a regular pool. I prefer that children in diapers stay out of public pools, period. It is a HUGE health issue. Why would you want to subject others to the possibility of ecoli? It can be deadly in children.

nolou525 May 18th, 2005 01:42 PM

JoyL--I would suggest calling Carnival directly and asking them. Then you will know what the exact policy is. This way also whatever is said on this post will not matter since people have a tendency to give opinions instead of facts.

To answer your question--I don't think it is stating that you have to be 13 to use the children's pool, just that anyone under 13 needs to be with an adult. Which is a very good safety idea.

Post Edited (05-18-05 13:45)

JoyL May 18th, 2005 02:35 PM

Thanks. Honestly I thought people were a little smarter than to think anyone would let a 1 year old in a pool unsupervised!. That wasn't even an issue. I'll call Carnival, maybe we can just put his feet in to splash.

Darcy May 18th, 2005 04:05 PM

JoyL

I've also seen parents bring a small blow up pool for those little ones not potty trained.

Darcy

JoyL May 18th, 2005 05:01 PM

Darcy, what a great idea!! thanks, I will look into that. Thanks!!! I did talk to Carnival and they said it was ok to put him in to splash as long as he was being held.

nolou525 May 18th, 2005 08:02 PM

JoyL--great news. I'm glad your grandson will be able to "splash" in the pool. Have a great time

BruceT May 18th, 2005 09:14 PM

You cruise...you get to see it all. <LOL>

I was on the Glory last month and watched a parent carry three toddlers up and into the adults only hot tub. YUK.

JoyL May 18th, 2005 09:29 PM

no, no , no......no hot tubs, just the kiddie pool and not that much, his mommy doesn't want him burnt!!

BoosterMom May 19th, 2005 08:36 AM

After the scare at Whitewater Park in Atlanta several years ago, when a child died and and the son of one of the Atlanta Braves ended up in the hospital with kidney failure............no child in diapers should be allowed in any type of public water park, pool, etc. I will be one of the first to get out, get my family out and request that the child be removed from the pool. People it isn't worth it!

Tink63 May 19th, 2005 10:19 AM

What I choose, is to not swim in a toilet. If that's your thing, go for it.

Tink63 May 19th, 2005 10:41 AM

I too am equally glad to not be you.

Paul B May 19th, 2005 11:18 AM

This is getting to be a bit like something from the gripes page. I would not go inot a pool with lots of little kids in it. I also think hot tubs are unhealthy for everyone . especially little children. Also, any ground meat , pork or chicken dishes that I eat must be well done.

Why take chances?

nolou525 May 19th, 2005 11:39 AM

So sad how a simple question about infants in the pool has turned into a brawl. Glad I stayed out of this one (at least the personal attacks) but it has made for interesting reading. Maybe this should be moved to the gripes board. Or better yet maybe cruisemates can start a Night at the Fights forum for those who want to personally attack each other about trivial issues.

Post Edited (05-19-05 11:43)

LisaK May 19th, 2005 01:17 PM

there is one very important issue that nobody had even mentioned. The pools on Carnival are salt-water, they are not like the pools back home at spas and hotels that are loaded with chlorine. The no non-potty trained rule is a health issue, nothing more nothing less.

Tink63 May 19th, 2005 02:25 PM

Well said Diverbl.

nolou525 May 19th, 2005 02:43 PM

disagreement
NOUN: 1. A discussion, often heated, in which a difference of opinion is expressed: altercation, argument, bicker, clash, contention, controversy, debate, difficulty, dispute, fight, polemic, quarrel, run-in, spat, squabble, tiff, word (used in plural), wrangle. Informal : hassle, rhubarb, tangle. See CONFLICT . 2. A marked lack of correspondence or agreement: difference, discrepance, discrepancy, disparity, gap, incompatibility, incongruity, inconsistency.

Oops, sorry, brawl is not listed. My mistake, error, goof, miscue, slip up, incorrectness.

JoyL May 19th, 2005 03:35 PM

I didn't want to start a war, just wanted to know about the children's pool, not adult pools or hot tubs. But this has been interesting to say the least. It seems to be as heated as a question about sneaking liquor on the ship or underaged drinking. thanks everyone for your input! I really do love the suggestion of a little blow up pool. That was the bomb!!!

Diverbl May 19th, 2005 03:42 PM

Joy - you really want to start a war? Try posting the following:

Anyone who does not dress to the nines on formal night shoudl just stay home and why should we have to tip the staff because they already get paid to do their jobs!

:)

Just kidding folks.

cfarley May 20th, 2005 02:52 PM

What's worse than a toddler in a diaper in a pool? A very large person who cannot wipe correctly in a pool.

I'll take a diaper any day.

Kristine May 20th, 2005 07:09 PM

Yuk, now I don't want to swim at all. Last time I was swimming at the Y , they pulled everyone out, oopps, leaky diaper and the fecal levals sky rocketed, so even with the swim diapers it happens and pesonally I think the rules are in place for the safety of the masses

jknichols May 21st, 2005 01:42 AM

To answer the OP's original question, the official answer is "no, non-potty trained children are not allowed in any pool". However, I have not yet been on a cruise where I did not see diaper-clad babies and toddlers in both the adult and children's pools. It seems to be a rule that is not widely enforced. Especially if you stick to the children's pool you shouldn't have a problem as most kids in the children's pool are wearing diapers (or SHOULD be wearing diapers) so nobody is likely to complain.

GG May 21st, 2005 08:49 AM

Who wants to swim in a pool with urine and fecal, gees and the bacteria ....makes me want to go take another shower! Abide by the rules and don't want that stuff where I go swiming...