Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Massive shopping before cruise???

Do you? What do you get?

I just went yesterday for all the 'other' stuff for the cruise I will need, like I am bringing Lysol and antibacterial gel, bug stuff, this time and other things like that.... but this weekend will be my big go clothing cruise shopping!!! I am calling it: Kim's Cruise Shopping Date.... hee hee like I am taking myself on a date! I am going by myself and I have the whole day planned! HEE HEE

Since we will be gone from home for 8 days I am not even getting travel sized stuff, I am just bringing my normal sized Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner and my normal Sonicare toothbrush. Just putting them in the big Zip Locs so they don't spill!

This time I am buying a beach bag before we go, out of all these cruises I have always forgotten to get one..... I must get some sort of hat, being in Daytona 2 weekends ago in only 2 hours my scalp burnt.... then I would like to actually for once get semi-dressed like I used to for at least one formal night! I have to buy 2 new swim suits too. I would like to get some Tshirts or light tops. I mostly wear Polo shirts.

Last weekend I bought 3 new pairs of shorts. I am very picky since I am a label hog , I thought I would get the shorts buying out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2005, 08:52 PM
rosetattoo

Default Re: Massive shopping before cruise???

You go girl....I start my cruise shopping months in advance....I always bring a beach bag that folds up compactly and doesn't take much room in my luggage, it serves as an extra bag to hold souvenirs, etc., that always seem to multiply for some strange reason...always bring my full size toiletries from home and throw them in a baggie in case they leak...my scalp burns too...my Survivor All Star hat and buff are staples on my travels. Also, sneakers are the first thing I throw in my suitcase....I see women trying to walk up and down the gangway in stilletto heels, ha! ha! Absolutely, get dressed up for formal nights, some cruisers don't even go to dinner on formal nights...for me it's a real treat and makes the experience very special. Have a wonderful time!!!
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Massive shopping before cruise???

Hi Girls! We have been shopping for this cruise for about a year. We are 4 , myself and my husband, our two daughters, 18 and 14. Last Christmas we did a lot of "cruise gifts" and have been shopping at least once a month for just the right cruise wear. We leave in 39 days! Were really bringing all new clothes, even my husband doesn't mind the new sport coats and dockers I got him. Anyone else going on June 27...Triumph..Canada? All of you have a great time !!! Faith
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:38 AM
rosetattoo

I have read on these message boards that some people pack all their clothes into one carry-on suitcase...I can't imagine doing that....for a 7 night cruise I have 3 suitcases and a small carry-on filled with just toiletries and medicine, ha! And, I wear everything I pack with few exceptions. But, I pack my pillow, snorkel gear, beach bag, beach towel (don't want to lose Carnival's beach towel and owe them $25), etc., and my daughter always packs two small fans for her room.
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Have a great time shopping. Just remember SHOP TILL YOU DROP!!!!!!!!! or at least until your money runs/credit card reaches it's limit.

Post Edited (05-19-05 12:20)
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Passenger

I am with you , I shop all new stuff. I am going on the Glory in October, have brough shorts and tops, now, may catch some at the end of the season, and I may not. So I buy now and put away. I always dress up for he formal nights, I agree it is the experience I was on the Imagaination last year and people came dress to impress. WOW. I am bringing four other people with me and we all gunho for the dress up and clothes. Have fun shopping!!!!
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yeah well this is my 8th cruise and I can't remember honestly the last cruise I got dressed up for formal night on.... honestly!!! I will look this weekend to see if there is something I can't live without for dress up night.....

I knew about 5 cruises ago I started to slack on formal nights because I would just wear one of my suits and then after that I know I stuck to maybe even a sun dress I can't remember!
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Cruisingrandma

i shop on ebay a lot. Its fun to jsut look late at nite and when u cant sleep. hahaha I ahve found some really nice formal dresses and dirt cheap. All brand new and with tags still on. That way I can afford to buy new ones for every cruise. Plus i recycle with my sister. I give her some of mine I have worn already. Happy shopping and happy cruising..........
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Chefkel22

Way to go.

Just returned from our 2nd 5 day cruise. This one we went with friends.

My girlfriend, my 10 yr old daughter and myself made it a weekly girls shopping night on Friday nights.

We did the same holiday gifts that were cruise related. But then started in mid January shopping for things here and there.

Did great and looked great as well.

As for formal wear, check the local bridal shops. We stopped and I was able to get a discontinued bridesmaids dress for $50.

Not a bad deal and looked great for formal night.

Happy Shopping to all.

Chefkel22

Valor - 4/06
Celebration - 4/5
Sensation - 4/4