Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NO MORE PROGRESSO, YUCATAN

I just read on another board that Carnival is stopping the Progresso, Yuctan stop to give more time in Cozumel.....

WELL I JUST CALLED Carnival twice just to make sure both stories jived....

This is a FACT but won't start till the June 18th sailings!

So we are good!
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: NO MORE PROGRESSO, YUCATAN

So, does this mean on the Elation we will now only have 2 ports????

Old May 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM
cruisinfan

Yep, we sail 07/02 and when I checked the web site today Progresso had been removed. Does anyone know how much we will get back for the port charges?
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just check our reservation for Jan. 06 and Progresso is still there. I can't believe they are planning a cruise with only two ports. Not such a happy camper. :o(

Old May 20th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'm a little disappointed in the cancelled stop too, I hope they can fill it with another port?? We don't cruise until Sept., you'd think they could make a change by then....at least I hope so.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Passenger

I am mad also I chose Glory because of its 4 ports. Now we are 2 consecutive days at sea on a full boat, I may kill Carnival. I hope they have something better before October. This may be my last Carnival cruise. Too many problems going on.
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Passenger

We sail on the elation June 19th, pre paid for the Chichen nitza ruin's excursion through carnival, just checked on the web site & progresso is still listed as the 1st stop so is the excursion?!. My DH will be very upset if we can't see these ruins, plus only 2 stop for a 7 day cruise that is too many sea days for me.
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I say CALL CARNIVAL! I told the lady I am on a few message boards and just the rumor of it was making a lot of people angry and to expect calls! But I will pass on the info you are telling me!
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Passenger

I think the Glory won't be going to progresso any more they had 4 stops and will now have 3. It looks like the Elation will still stop there. But I will call carnival to check
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Apparently some people were complaining that they couldn't get drunk enough at C&C's in Cozumel because the ship left early to get to Progresso the next day. Because of these complaints they have apparently cancelled Progresso and will be remaining in Cozumel until late. I am very ticked off at this as this frankly is one of the reasons I chose this cruise as this is a new port for many people. Carnival will be hearing from me and my high displeasure and I suggest that all of you do the same and write to CCL. Remember to be polite but explain your position in this matter. What is better, staying in Cozumel so people can get drunk ashore which brings in no income to CCL, or going to Progresso so that many people can take ships tours and increase income to CCL?
Jim

Old May 20th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: NO MORE PROGRESSO, YUCATAN

Hi Robo,
I completely agree with you....what would help is if they would add a different port, Grand Cayman or even Costa Maya, anything would be nice...There are already enough "sea" days, I enjoy both, but I also wanted to see what Progresso was like, now I'm disappointed...I'll write Nancy a note and see what she can find out.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Admiral

I just got word back from our travel agent, and its true, Progresso is cancelled for a longer stay in Cozumel, til 10PM.....I'm truly upset about this now too.....

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Yes Donna, I talked with Nancy and she confirmed it. Our only chance and I think it might be a chance, is to write to CCL or e-mail them and let them know how dissappointed we are with this decision and how we feel it will adversely affect not only our cruise, but others and most importantly customer satisfaction and revenue for the cruiseline!
Jim

Old May 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
tropics

The other couple we are going on the Glory with called Carnival and the cust. svc. rep. told her they dropped Progresso due to many complaints about the port from the customers. I wonder what the real reason is. I think I've heard 3 different reasons so far. Seems Carnival's cust. svc. reps must not know the real deal. I don't mind missing the port but I'd still like to know why it was dropped.
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Hi Robo,
Yep, I already sent them an e-mail letting them know I was not happy about that decision, hope more do the same and they do something, anything...

I think when you book a cruise, its because of certain factors, some being the ship and for me and most importantly, the itinary. I think its only fair to add one to replace the cancelled one. I have not heard too much about Progresso, but it was something different for us and there were enough seas days, that I was looking forward to seeing a different island. At this point I would not mind going back to any island instead, I honestly don't think 3 ports and 4 seas days is a cruise I would of booked had I known this is what it would be, I hope Carnival is listening...

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Passenger

I called and emailed in my complaints.............Rep could not care less. I was told to book a different cruise if I was unhappy with the change!
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You said June 19th right? whew.........we just made it --- leaving June 12!
cheryl
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM
TexMex

What a shame that Carnival is dropping Progresso. This is a charming, quaint little Mexican town that has the potential to become a great stop. It is a great start off point to go to Chichen-Itza and also to the beautiful city of Merida. Not everyone that books a cruise could give a flip about Carlos n Charlies. I dont understand the big deal about going to a place where you pay for overpriced margaritas and watch people make fools of themselves. Carnival needs to rethink this issue and listen to the customers!
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

is this for all ships? I checked and the Elation still shows to stop in Progresso.

Old May 21st, 2005, 12:51 PM
Admiral

I am a travel agent and just called Carnival to ask about the Elation. They confirmed to me that the Elation will also stop going to Progresso.
Old May 21st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Mary Lou -- when is the exact date for the Elation to stop going to Progresso?
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Hi Waman,
I also checked for our Glory cruise in Sept., and the Carnival site is still showing the stop, they need to update their web-site or they will have more unhappy customers.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: NO MORE PROGRESSO, YUCATAN

Progresso is not one of my stops this October but it was a consideration when planning future cruises because we have not been there before. I could care less about Carlos and Charlies. If people feel thay have to stay longer at one port to get drunk what are their priorities? I dont cruise to go to bars on any islnad to drink. There are bars onboard ship to have a drink.

Michele

till Glory days on the Glory
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Cool Crusier

Just called Carnival and the agent said the Progresso port being canceled is only for the Carnival Glory
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Cherylroy,

I'm not surprised by all the confusion. When I called Carnival to see if this included the Elation, at first I was told they didn't know anything about eliminating the Progresso stop. After being on hold awhile, she came back and told me that it would be mid-June when all the Carnival ships stopped going to Progresso. I asked about reimbursement for port charges, and again she didn't have any answers. Let's hope it's as though Cool Cruiser has reported and it's only for the Glory. I think if Carnival is going to make a change, they should inform their reps.

MaryLou
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:07 PM
Passenger

I must have had a brain fart because it finnally hit me that Progresso was one of the stops this October. Dont know what i was thinking. The hubby does not know yet about this change becasue we have not been there before and was looking forward to a different port. We have been to cozamel about 3 or 4 times and were not doing any excursions there not dont know what we will do. Oh well maybe something will cahnge between now and October.

Michele

till Glory days on the Glory
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
papillon

Hi All,

I was at progresso 4 years ago and I do believe that carnival is getting complaints about this stop. I was not impressed and would hope to never return here. I thought is was a very dirty place. THere was human feces on the beach when we were there. YUCK. believe me you are not missing much.
Lisa
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Passenger

I think this is great.... I really like my days at sea and the only reason we are going on the Glory is for Belize and Cozumel....

Cozumel is more fun..... The later the better....

Sov. of the Seas 91,95 & 96
Disney Magic 2002
Carnival Triumph 2003
Explorer of the Seas 2004
Carnival Glory 6/18 2005
Freedom of the Seas July 2006
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Just started reading post today. What is the email address for complaints to Carnival? I called on Friday, and was told they no ships would be going to Progresso. I am pissed at Carinval. As I stated before this is my last cruise will them. I am taking first time cruise and they are okay with the non-stop of the last port. But it is shame, that Carnival is cancelling a port.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Guest relations number is 1-800-828-6400......I am on hold with them now! EWveryone who is displeased, CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!