Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Past Cruiser Party????

OKAY I am a give me the play by play type of person.... after all of the cruises I have been on I am FINALLY going to go to the past cruiser party in a few weeks...SO can someone give me the PLAY BY PLAY on the party....

I will start for you.....

You walk in the doors then............

COUNTING DOWN TO Glory 06/05

Fantasy 04/04
Sensation 09/03
Victory 06/02
Victory 12/01
Fantasy 06/00
Fantasy 04/99
Big Red Boat 06/93
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:49 AM
rosetattoo

Default Re: Past Cruiser Party????

......and the band is playing on the stage, lights are low...wait staff standing by with trays loaded with cocktails, i.e., martinis, manhattans, whiskey sours, blue margaritas, etc., and as soon as you sit down they are serving you drinks and wait staff with hot hors d'oeuvres are walking around to each table...meatballs, quiche, etc. You can ask for as many drinks and as much food as you can drink and eat in 45 minutes....the band is great and everyone is drawn to the dance floor. Usually, the Cruise Director introduces the Captain who says a few words of welcome to all the past guests. The same items are served at the Captain's Cocktail Pary....both events well worth attending, the drinks and food are great and absolutely free!!
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Where is the past cruiser party?
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal

The past guest party will be in one of the lounges. My boyfriend and I just got back from the Victory and the had it in 2 lounges. You will get an invitation, the day before, if I remember and it will tell you where and what time.
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Past Cruiser Party????

What is the dress code for the past cruiser party?
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Casual. The party is not much to brag about. There are free drinks for about an hour and some snacks.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Phil & Liz

On the Ecstasy cruise 2 weeks ago we attended the party. You turn in your invitation at the door for a drawing near the end of the party. On the Elation the prize was a free cruise. On the Ecstasy the winner got a bottle of champagne.
There were several folks who "crashed" the party by coming in a back door off of the sports deck, bypassing the greeting and invite check at the main entrance.

Phil & Liz

Ecstasy 5/2/2005
10/24/2004 Elation
4/24/2003 Jubilee
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Bee

Hi I was on the Victory in May and booked the Legend for December Will I get invited to the past cruiser party or do you have to have gone on more than 1 cruise to qualify? It sounds fun Thank you in advance for answering me Bee
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:36 AM
DENISE H

on our last cruise the past guest pary was in the main lounge we didn"t dress up
for the party get there eary so you can get some hordourves we get ther right on time
and we did" get any hordourves it was a nice party
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:11 AM
rosetattoo

Bee....you will receive a past guest invitation with just one cruise under your belt, it will be delivered to your stateroom. I definitely think it's worth attending, free booze and food, music and dancing, our group always meets 1/2 prior to dining for a drink in one of the bars so why not go to the past guest party and drink for free.
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ya know what this is my 8th cruise and I have NEVER had a past guest invite in my state room......

I have always known about the party but never thought maybe I should have a real invite! OMG!
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:00 PM
rosetattoo

We have always received a past guest cocktail party invitation after our first cruise and if you're traveling with someone that has never cruised before, they will also be invited.
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:48 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

That is truly odd , 8 Carnival Cruises and no past guest invite, are you using your Carnvial Past Guest number on all your reservations and booking under the same name? Do you receive your Currents magazines too?

Old May 20th, 2005, 10:02 PM
sscruz

I have sailed with Carnival many times and was disappointed when i did not receive my invite on my cruise last month. I also am noticing a change in the service we have received from the cabin stewards , since the tips are now included on the sail and sign card.
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:05 AM
Gail F.

I also did not receive an invitation for the party last June on the Legend and it was our fourth carnival cruise , I went to the purser's desk, and inquired and they gave me a note staing I can go. This year I am going again in June. We'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also our room steward was the worse ever, but I never complained he was an oldder guy just trying to make a living, I still had a great time.It was kind of funny I booked a cat 11 for the first time ever and thought I would have gotten a little better sevice but carnival is right everyone gets treeted the same no matter what stateroom you have.
Old May 21st, 2005, 12:42 PM
Captain

The cruise has to be so many days long to have a past guest party I forget how many because we usually go for 7-8 days.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old May 21st, 2005, 04:40 PM
Gail F.

mine was eight days and I still did not get invited ,until I brought it to their attention.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Captain

I heard that on the GLORY the past guest party is on a formal night and you MUST be dressed up to go....is that true....anyone else gone on the GLORY ???.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Bee

Default Re: Re: Past Cruiser Party????

Hi Rose Thank You for answering my question and i will go because it sounds like fun. Bee
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Don't forget the "meet and greet" at the door, sometimes, the captain, but certainly the Cruise Director and his assistants, and other officers etc. There is usually a little Carnival video presentation where you get to cheer for each Carnival ship you have been on before! have fun!
BTW, recent trip, my son on his 4th Carnival cruise, did not get an invitation along with ours, but a quick visit to the Purser's office put that straight.

donna

Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:16 PM
paulascotttyler@hotmail.c

We went on a five night cruise and I got an invitation but not with the three night cruise after that. I heard it has to be a five night or more criuse.

Have fun