Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Ayleen

Default Valor 08/05 -15/05 Woman injured

Hello alltogether,

(please apologize my English, but I am from Germany).

It was the last evening 14/05 in the Washington Dining room - late seating, approx.
21:15. The waiters and some women were dancing on the very small tables. Than a probably drunken women fell backwards to a sitting women. The woman scream "my neck". Then she lied on the floor and waited for the doctor.

I was very scared that the woman will be very hard injured. I leave the dining room and made space for the doctor.

Does anyone knows if the woman is feeling better now?
Does anyone knows what happens with the woman who fell on the woman, because she scooted?

Best regards and thank you very much in advance for any answers.

Ayleen
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Valor 08/05 -15/05 Woman injured

How horrilbe for the injured lady. I hope everyone is okay.
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:45 PM
First Mate

Neck injury ? Sounds like a job for a lawyer!

Carnival Pride Jan/07 Long Beach
Splendour of the Seas Sept/09 Venice
Adventure of the Seas Jan/11 San Juan
Adventure of the Seas Feb/12 San Juan
Navigator of the Seas Jan/13 N'arlins

<

Read and post cruise reviewsRead and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Familycruiser, if you're so down on Carnival, I've seen many postings from you stating this, why are you on this forum? Just to bash Carnival. Why don't you join a forum that would be more appropriate for you. Maybe you're the kind of person Carnival should get rid of.

Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cruisingrandma

Tink63....... VERY WELL SAID! I have been thinking that same thing for a very long time now. Someone who seems to hate Carnival so much can't stay off the posts here on Carnival. Go Figure hey??? Happy cruising... On Carnival of course!!!!!!!
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
Passenger

Thanks Cruising Grandma. I just don't understand it. I love Carnival, and I know that there are problems with every line, and I really don't appreciate the attitude of some that only a "certain" class of people cruise Carnival. You know they don't mean the upper class!!!

Happy cruising to you as well.

Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
Passenger

I do not think it has to do with a class of people (as in upper middle or lower)

Most people that complain do so because they have nothing else to talk about..... Or thay wish they could finally let there hair down and have fun for once but if they do that then they will have nithing to complain about. My family loves cruising on Carnival and any other cruise line that we have been on... No I have not been the drunk one falling off the table...... But instead of getting mad I just laugh and go on.....

Its vaction have fun cruising or do not take cruises.....

Love all of you guys.... I am now stepping down off of my soap box (before I fall off lol)

Sov. of the Seas 91,95 & 96
Disney Magic 2002
Carnival Triumph 2003
Explorer of the Seas 2004
Carnival Glory 6/18 2005
Freedom of the Seas July 2006
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Valor 08/05 -15/05 Woman injured

Well, at the risk of getting flamed here, I will say it - I have cruised on Carnival several times, as well as on other lines. I am on a Carnival cruise in a few weeks with my sons. It will be their first, and Carnival had the bet pricing and itinerary for us.

BUT - yup, there is a different kind of demographic on many other cruise lines. Some would call them more "upscale" to use a trandy term. Others would simply say "higher class".

I am pretty confident that drunken passengers dancing on tables are less common on a Cunard ship than on a Carnival ship. It all goes along with the lets-see-how-much-beer-I-can-fit-into-my-suitcase mentality, which I don't see on other lines.

So yes, there is a difference in the overall demographic of a Carnival cruise from a more high-end line. The people behave differently, dress differently, spend differently, and have different expectations.

Accidents happen on all ships, all lines. So does boorishness, but the percentages are much higher on the mass-appeal lines.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:19 PM
Yeoman

You know, no one really knows if they were drunk or not. The waiters sometimes dance on the tables as part of the "show".
Just because it was Carnival doesn't mean they were drunk! Hope all is well with the lady that got hurt.
Old May 24th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Well, familycruiser has some good points, but somehow I don't think they've been on EVERY cruise in existance, so their Carnival bashing doesn't mean much. Also, I'm sure the woman who was dancing on the table didn't think "Wow, I'm on Carnival, I can get up here and do whatever I want.." I'm sure she would have been up there no matter which cruiseline she was on....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old May 24th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Well I certainly haven't sailed every cruise either... but I can stay that on every cruise I have taken, on every line, from budget to luxury, I have seen at least some people very drunk! (Being in the bar business for over 30 years I do know what they look like).

It's somewhat the "nature of the beast" when people go on vacation some overindulge some of the time.

As for drunk crew... I have to say I have never seen or heard of that in 43 cruises on any line, including Carnival.

Old May 24th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Just clipped and pasted this from the Royal Caribbean message board.....

Weather is here, wish you were beautiful.... Having a great time! Ship looks great. At Cococay at the moment, do the jet skis. Lots of hot babes on board. Brittany Spears is on this sailing! I almost hooked up last night but held off. Bought a bottle of vodka in the shop. My tonic, lime and case of beer made it onboard safely. Pictures will be here next week. Now off to the bar it's after 9 AM afterall

Old May 24th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Thanks for posting that Kuki--I was about to do the same thing.

If familycruiser only thinks the worst are are Carnival, she better not sail with some of my inlaws on NCL. Their last cruise on the Majesty, they spent over $3500.00 on booze (charged to their onboard account) for 5 of them, 2 adults and 3 "kids" (22, 23 and 24). They came home and bragged about how much they drank and spent. And how they spent more this time on booze than the year before. The best part is they won't sail Carnival because they think it's full of drunks and obnoxious people. Go figure.

We sailed Carnival and I saw no evidence of anyone falling down drunk. Yet, my son sailed Disney and came home talking about how many people were drunk and obnoxious. Or as someone stated above, must be the pixie dust!!!!

Old May 24th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Happy Camper

Worst drunk cruise I've been on was a RCL cruise out of Galveston before the 7 day Carnival cruises started. Horrible!!! Just people - not the cruise line. Debbie
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Admiral

familycruiser--after your last comment about the Red Sox and you being a Yankees fan*, I can understand why you are the way you are. I will not comment back to you since I have come to realize from reading alot of your posts that you are not worth my time or my energy.

To others who are reading this, I truly apoligize for this post but some people just push the wrong buttons.

*I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with being a Yankees (some of my good friends are and yes we are still friends after last years ALCS). I am only suggesting that in certain cases, it explains alot.

Post Edited (05-24-05 12:17)
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Captain

Familycruiser......I sailed once on HAL (Veendam) and although it was upscale as you call it....there were still drunks having fun......and people looking at the falling and cussing drunks just a little more often......on Carnival we just see more of them cuz they are having more fun.
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM
pammo

So does anyone know anything about the injured woman. Thought thats wjhat this link was about. I was on that cruise and didn't know anything about it until I got home.
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to pretty1111

Well, lets see, I cruise on Carnival cuz I love to dance on tables....Hey, I gotta earn a living right??? hehe

Ok, just kidding.

But as for the class thing, WOW and can I just say WOW????? Ummmmm yeah....I will put my "pedigree" against anyones any day and lets see who comes out on top shall we???

How about, Carnival is for people that want to have a good time and not play shuffleboard all day long???

Stupid people are everywhere...trust me on this one...and let me just reiterate that money is in no way ,shape or form an indicator of class!!!!
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Passenger

VERY well said pretty!!!!!!!!! Happy sailing!

ps...I never thought of that but hey maybe I can pay for my cruise by hopping on the tables!! hmmmmm ???!!?!!!?

Old May 26th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Passenger

Hey familycruiser just remember before you book that HAL cruise that you are upset with the Carnival Company...... HAL is a Carnival Company also......
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Boat drinks
Waitress I need two more boat drinks

Sov. of the Seas 91,95 & 96
Disney Magic 2002
Carnival Triumph 2003
Explorer of the Seas 2004
Carnival Glory 6/18 2005
Freedom of the Seas July 2006
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Cat

So what about the injured women????
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Whatever Here is what I read from you " It's a COMPANY I'm talking about"

same company that owns HAL....
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to pretty1111

Family cruiser,

If you think that having money indicates that someone has class, you obviously have not been to the places I have. Are you not familiar with the term "noveau riche?" These are the "new money" people that feel it necessary to tart up everywhere.

And as for uneducated, I personally have a master's degree....seems pretty damn educated to me...but lets wait til I get my JD then we can argue ok???
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:41 AM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Valor 08/05 -15/05 Woman injured

It is interesting that these topics do not come up with the Celebrity and Holland boards.Wonder why?
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mattp

How sad for all of you to be arguring your points with each other. Whats this to prove? Go on your vacations, try to get the most of out of it, and come back and tell us your thoughts. A review is just one persons opinion, who really takes all of them seriously? I will be going on my third and fourth cruises with carnival in the next six months. I like them.

Oh by the way GO CUBBIES!!! Had to throw those two cents in. What kind of fans are we?? Go ahead start it up. Just kidding!

Less than 35 days till I'm free at sea!

Mateo
Old May 26th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Admiral

familycruiser---why bring me into this last confrontation you are having? I have backed off from this post and replying to you on it until your last comment I also will let you know that I have reported this last post of yours as an attack on me. I have not posted anything about you on this post for 2 days.

Old May 26th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Passenger

i thought the question was to find out how this woman is and not a "carnival"
bashing forum. i have been on Carnival and there is no problem. so the original
question still has not been answered.how is the woman?
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

why don't all of you stop arguing about baseball and drunk cruisers? What about the woman that dancing on the tables? I want what she had to drink. It takes me a bottle of wine just to dance in the congo line.
Old May 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
rosetattoo

AMEN....thanks, Jim.