Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:20 AM
cruisinfan

Default catamaran sail, snorkel & beach party

Anyone done this excursion w/ Carnival? I'm thinking about doing this one and I'm looking for some feedback. Its between this and going to Paradise Beach.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Passenger

Default Re: catamaran sail, snorkel & beach party

I did this excursion last year and plan on doing it two more times this year. First you board the catamaran, (the staff is great) then you go to your snokeling destination, (fish are feed so there is alot that come up), then you head to the beach (beach included beach matts, kayaks, hammacks, very clean beach with alittle place with chairs and tables with a place to get something to eat), then you board the catamaran again and head back to the pier. Of course there was drinks served after you snokel thru the whole trip, also music during the catamaran trip. It was a nice adventure.

Terri
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:53 AM
cruisinfan

After you snorkel how do you get from the catamaran to the beach? Do you have to swim to it? If so how far is it?
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: catamaran sail, snorkel & beach party

We did this shore tour in December 2003 and had a total blast! The catamaran has a ramp of steps that you can go into the water on. The boat actually docks in the sand so you only have to walk a few feet and you are on the beach. If you didn't snorkel (yes we had people that went on this that didn't) you would only get wet up to your waist or so. The staff also takes pictures of you under water so be sure to bring extra money if you want to buy these. They also sell t-shirts that say Fury Catamaran on them. You will enjoy this tour if you decide to to it. As I said we had a blast! If you have any other questions let me know.

Enjoy your cruise!

Old May 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Nancy Bryant

This was the greatest adventure we went on. My huband, me and our three teenage girls and another couple who went with us. My girls wanted to jet ski and they were able to on the beach, my friend and my 13 y/o wanted to horseback ride and they did, and my husband and his friend were able to drink and relax by the water. It was wonderful because my whole family was HAPPY. I loved the dancing and music on the catamaran on the way back. UNBELIEVABLE. Snorkeling was GREAT also. It was our third cruise and i would do it again in a minute. In fact we are going again in Nov.
Have a GREAT time. Plenty of time for shopping afterwards also. We saw dophins and flying fish also
Old May 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Did you book this excursion through the ship or private party? We are interested in this too. Sounds like a 14y/o and 16y/o would enjoy it. Thanks, Trish
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
cruisinfan

we booked in on line through Carnival