CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Boarding Tips?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/204031-boarding-tips.html)

HBarnes May 21st, 2005 11:14 AM

Boarding Tips??

Sailing on the Glory next Sat the 28th!

Can anyone give me some tips on the boarding process that might make the embarkation process a little quicker? Also, does the Carnival "Funpass" help speed up the process or not?

Thanks!

rosetattoo May 21st, 2005 11:31 AM

Re: Boarding Tips??

Completing your Fun Pass online puts you in a line just for Fun Pass cruisers, it seems to be a lot faster moving than the other line. You should have all your documents ready to present to the Carnival Rep., i.e., photo I.D., passport/birth certificate, method of payment, etc. We always leave out of the Port of Miami and try to arrive by 11:00 a.m., we're always on board between 12:00-12:30.

happyshelly May 21st, 2005 06:00 PM

Re: Re: Boarding Tips??

Are you saying that not everybody gets the Fun Pass option? If not what are the perks?

rosetattoo May 21st, 2005 06:33 PM

As far as I know you can only complete a Fun Pass on Carnival's web site....there are a lot of people that don't have access to computers...the information you complete on the web site is the same information that Carnival asks you to complete prior to boarding in the document packet they send you...completing a Fun Pass online just expedites your check-in. If you completed a Fun Pass online, when you check in, all Carnival employees do is verify all your documents, i.e., birth certificate, passport, etc. The process of check-in is faster than if you had filled out the documents in your packet manually....then Carnival employees would also have to check those documents to assure they were completed accurately. If you complete the Fun Pass online, once they confirm your identification documents and form of payment, you're done and on your way upstars to collect your Sail & Sign card.

lilmsonry May 22nd, 2005 10:39 AM

Hi guys! Elation for Labor Day, are you in? 9/4/05...only take 4 days off from work but 9 day vacation, what about you?

JoyceR June 11th, 2005 12:24 PM

We booked our cruise for NEXT May (southern caribbean) - is it too soon to do the Fun Pass?? Also, we are booking the entire trip (cruise and flight) through our agent who is going through Carnival. Because of that, we won't know the times etc for the flights until right before we go. Is that information necessary to do the fun pass? I know we need some number to do it - is it the booking number on the Carnival website?

Thanks

ohcarla June 12th, 2005 07:15 AM

If you booked thru a travel agent they can give you your booking number.

nolou525 June 12th, 2005 07:19 AM

Be sure to have all of your documents and your ID. This will help speed it up. I would also suggest getting to the ship about 11:00 am. Also be sure that your carry on luggage is the proper size. Our embarkation process took about 50 minutes, from the time we parked until the time we had our photo taken. Have a great and safe cruise.

Bo June 12th, 2005 07:19 AM

We arrived at the terminal one hour before the ship was scheduled to leave and we walked through the door and never encountered another passenger until we walked onto the ship. The entire process took 20 minutes and most of that time was while we were walking through the empty corridors to get to the ship. Don't worry about missing any of the early food and drinks---you'll have plenty of time to hit the food lines later. Have a great time.

LisaK June 13th, 2005 09:34 AM

have all your documents ready. Try to time your arrival at the terminal either before or after the arrival times of all the flights coming in that are filled with cruise ship passengers. On average most of the flights arrive at the airport around noon-1pm give or take, get to the terminal around noon time or wait until about 3 pm