CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Triumph Drydock? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/204158-triumph-drydock.html)

Cosmo Cruiser June 7th, 2005 05:05 PM

Triumph Drydock?

I heard or read somewhere, on this board I imagine, that the Triumph is going into drydock this fall? Can anyone comment if this is true or not? If so when and for how long? After watching the first couple of episodes of the cable special the other night about the ship in drydock I am curious. We will be on the Triumph for two weeks starting Thanksgiving week and I was just wondering if the rumors are true and when the ship will be put back into service. IIt would be exciting to be on a newly re-worked ship I would think. Thanks

hockeyluver June 8th, 2005 04:36 PM

Re: Triumph Drydock?

We will be on it in February wouldnt it be nice to go on it when it is still shiny and new!! We were on the Legend when it was only a few months into service .

Tink63 June 9th, 2005 04:16 PM

I was on Fantasy after her drydock. Very nice.

cfreas June 14th, 2005 02:19 PM

Re: Re: Triumph Drydock?

I just called Carnival and the Triumph will be in drydock from 10/23 to 11/15!

I will be sailing 1/7/06 - can't wait!!!!!!!!!

AKcruiser June 15th, 2005 01:09 AM

Yippee we sail on her Jan 21!!!!

AKcruiser

Bsweets June 16th, 2005 07:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: Triumph Drydock?

I'm going on Triumph for my first cruise on Nov. 12th. Hope it's ready in time.

maynovmom June 18th, 2005 10:33 AM

We are sailing on the Triumph in April so I am pretty happy about her being drydocked. I always wondered how new they look after ac ouple of months of tlc....

antron June 18th, 2005 12:11 PM

someone posted that the triumph will not be doing the canada/new england cruise next year but her sister-ship the victory will ( im not sure if this is true or not yet ). im sure the victory is a great ship and i will have a good time if i book, but it sure would be a bonus too be on a new re-done ship.

tinna June 19th, 2005 04:00 PM

i posted that anton, i booked another canada cruise for 2006 and it is on the victory, i booked with carnival and they told me that the triumph and the victory will be alternating between each other out of new york doing the canada cruise.

antron June 19th, 2005 04:07 PM

thanks for letting us know that tinna. i cant wait to go, but it will be after you so make sure you let us know how you liked the ship and what you did ( smiling ).

maynovmom June 30th, 2005 09:41 AM

Do they go through the whole ship while in drydock...carpets, bedding painting etc...? I wish I had seen the tv show on it. I would be interested in seeing that. Anyone watch it?

DanPolulak June 30th, 2005 11:13 AM

The ship in the drydock show recieved alot more attention then the Triumph will. The RCCL ship featured on that show was getting a $25million refit- it was long due for one! The most you might be able to notice about the Triumph is new carpet (in some areas) and just replacing some broken things- nothing as extravagant as the Sovereign Of The Seas!

So basically, dont just book the Triumph because of the drydock! I sailed on the Victory a couple of years ago, and its just as good as a ship- exact same layout and all!

maynovmom June 30th, 2005 12:28 PM

I've been on the Desiny and Victory and didn't book the Triumph due to drydock. It still should make it a little nicer! I'm not fussy....

gregkal July 23rd, 2005 12:32 PM

I'll be on it december 10th. Should be really nice.

scubasmits July 23rd, 2005 11:09 PM

That show was so cool! I loved the shakdown cruise and the toilet tests!

Hollyc23 September 6th, 2005 02:44 PM

Hello, i have read this as well and have been trying to find out some concrete facts on several different forums. No luck thus far. Anyone know anything for sure? I will be departing Nov. 26th on the triumph and would love to board a refreshed ship.

Waters September 6th, 2005 03:04 PM

The Triumph was "my" second ship..........and oh how she was perfect. That was only 1 year ago so I can't imagine what they need to re-do.

But we were so star-struck that perhaps we didn't care?!

I must admitt, tho, that sailing on the Miracle in March, being a newer ship and all, WILL be something to look forward to.

We had sailed the Destiny first and then after sailign the Triumph, we found we didn't get so excited about taking pics of the vessel because they look the same :) So, we'll be happy for the excitement to return aboard the Miracle.

loanshark September 6th, 2005 10:07 PM

I will also be on the Triumph November 26 sailing. The ship will be in and out of drydock between now and then. I am under the impression that Carnival will be installing its new comfort bedding in all cabins while the ship is being drydocked. This will be in addition to any other maintenance that is deemed to be needed. Can't wait to see the ship!!!

hockeyluver September 7th, 2005 05:53 PM

Will anyone be on the Feb 25th cruise?

SaBrina September 7th, 2005 07:03 PM

We will be on the 11/26/05 sailing also , would be nice to board a freshly redone ship.

rollerdonna September 7th, 2005 09:45 PM

Thanks for that info, I hadn't heard about the drydock. We are sailing on Triumph Dec. 3rd! She'd better be ready!

donna

DENISE H September 7th, 2005 10:39 PM

i have sailed on the triumph twice had a great both times the cabin was always clean
ffood was great shows good one of the shows was called around the world i even get lost on this ship the staff was always friendly and helpful