Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM
gtg711@AOL.COM

Default DINING ROOM PHOTOS

LOOKING FOR ANY DINING ROOM PHOTOS OF WAITERS OR PASSENGERS DANCING ON TOP OF WAITERS STATIONS DURING DINNER
PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU MAY HAVE
MY WIFE WAS HURT ON VALOR--5/14TH IN WASHINGTON DINNING ROOM LATE SEATING
IF NO PHOTOS OF THIS INCIDENT ANY PHOTOS ON ANY CARNIVAL SHIP SHOWING WAITERS OR PASSENGERS DANCING ON TABLES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: DINING ROOM PHOTOS

I don't know about the others, but I find it a bit annoying that someone is on here looking for help in suing Carnival for the behavior of a drunk passenger. I am sorry this man's wife got hurt, but sue the lady that fell on her, not the cruise line.
Old June 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Passenger

Thank You

I agree.... Plus if you subnit the pictures be prepared to go to court....

I hate someone got hurt but I disagree with this...

Sov. of the Seas 91,95 & 96
Disney Magic 2002
Carnival Triumph 2003
Explorer of the Seas 2004
Carnival Glory 6/18 2005
Freedom of the Seas July 2006
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:44 PM
GEORGE GAMBELLA

Default Re: Re: DINING ROOM PHOTOS

IM THE HUSBAND OF THE WOMEN THATS NECK WAS BROKEN---IF CARNIVAL ENCOURAGE HER TO DANCE FOR 5 MINUTES & FELL ON YOU---WHO WOULD YOU SUE----LETS BE REAL
ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Unless Carnival FORCED her on the table, then I wouldn't sue anyone! I'm sorry her neck is broken and I'm sorry she made the bad choice to get on the table, but that's not Carnival's fault - it's hers.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

My husband has a broken neck and we didn't sue anyone. It was an accident. If anyone sues carnival, we will all have to pay, because they will just raise the rates. i hope your wife and family are alright. they are in my prayers. I know you are going through a rough time. I remember how it was for us. has she had surgery, and has all the feeling returned? It takes awhile. My best to you both.
Old June 12th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: DINING ROOM PHOTOS

Let's be real - Carnival is the target because of the deep pockets. No matter what happened here, Carnival would be the target, rather than the person that actually fell and caused the accident.

I just think using this message board to find photos and witnesses is a bit unseemly, that's all.

And once again, I am sorry that your wife was injured.
Old June 12th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

Dorothy--I think the women who's neck was broken was an innocent bystander. I think i read from another post that his wife was sitting at their table and a women who was dancing on the table tops fell ontop of his wife.??

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:31 PM
GEORGE GAMBELLA

YOU CAN JUSTIFY IT ANY WAY YOU WANT
ONCE THEY ALLOW A PERSON TO GO ON A WAITERS STATION & BECOME PART OF THE ACT--THEY ARE LIABLE
UN FORTUNATELY THE SO CALLED WOMEN YOU MENTION BEE LINED OUT OF THE DINING ROOM IS PROTECTED BY CARNIVAL --- SO MUCH FOR THAT THEORY
THEY WONT RELEASE HER NAME UNLESS YOU SUPHEANA IT FROM THEM
I DONT BELIEVE YOUR RATES WILL GO UP THEY ARE WELL COVERED FOR THIS.
EATING DESSERT & 2 SECONDS LATER HAVING A BROKEN NECK---IM SORRY IF YOUR RATES RISE
Old June 12th, 2005, 10:21 PM
noslen3333

George

I wasn't on this ship but i read of your predicament. I thought long and hard before I responded to this message but I feel I must. From the first moment you board a ship it is safety first. We take a life boat drill before we leave the port. How many times has it been issued that we first care about the safety of our passengers now matter what ship you happen to cruise.

So how can anyone justify that it was safe for anyone to climb on a table to dance? Heck...they use a ladder just to change a light bulb and then there is someone there to make sure no one runs into the ladder......

We have not gone to ports...example...Grand Caymen...supposedly due to weather conditions...Think about it..........But they allowed someone to climb on a table to dance??????

Don't damn George because he is trying to sue anyone...whether it be Carnival or the woman..........I would do the same thing in a heartbeat and so would most of you. George, I wish you luck..........Heck....i wish you didn't have to go through this...But I do wish you the best.
Old June 12th, 2005, 10:51 PM
First Mate

George ,you don't have to SHOUT,man.

Carnival Pride Jan/07 Long Beach
Splendour of the Seas Sept/09 Venice
Adventure of the Seas Jan/11 San Juan
Adventure of the Seas Feb/12 San Juan
Navigator of the Seas Jan/13 N'arlins

<

Read and post cruise reviewsRead and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 12th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Admiral

You're in an unfortunate situation then, George if another woman fell on your wife as Karessamom said and you do not know her identity.

I suppose other posters are correct - Carnival has the deep pockets.

dorothy

Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Old June 13th, 2005, 05:56 PM
pammo

Just want to put my 2 cents worth in. I think Georges wife is entitled to some kind of compensation from Carnival. They have that circus going on in the dining room every night and encourage passengers to participate. Someone got seriosly hurt by this and should at least have their medical bills, lost wages etc. covered by Carnival. Personally, I would probably sue too. Good Luck George. I wish your wife well.
Old June 14th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Passenger

Come on folks. No need to flame a man who is trying whatever means he can to secure information that would verify what took place. If Carnival did encourage this table dancing thing, then they should be liable. And I' m a devoted Carnival cruiser. As one poster said..all cruise lines stress safety all over the place, as they should. The dining room should be no exception. This family will live with this incident the rest of their lives....easy for us to say (as some of you have) "Poor thing, I feel for her, but it can't be Carnival's fault."
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:17 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

This man's wife was NOT the one dancing on the waiter's station, it was another passenger who was encouraged to do so and from what he has said Carnival will not release the name of the woman who fell on his wife. I would suppose he wants pictures so someone might be able to identify the woman who was dancing on the wait station and I don't recall anyone saying the woman was drunken either.

From what I understand, Carnival is denying that ANYONE dances (or has EVER danced) upon the waitstation sand I know I saw the waitstaff doing that on the Miracle back in December (to Mambo Number 5) but I didn't see any passengers doing it but Carnival employees doing it. I never took my camera to the dining room, so I can't even provide a picture of anyone or anything in the dining room.

His wife was sitting at her table minding her own business when the passenger came flying off of the waitstation (they are marbled topped so slippery when wet I bet!) and fell on his wife.

Our prayers and with you and your family and I hope this can be resolved, while it was an "accident" that is what Carnival has insurance for--just like our automobiles, for accidents to cover the damages.

Just my haf a cents worth.

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Admiral

If Carnival released ANYONE'S name to another passenger for any reason they would be in big trouble. They are called upon to respect the privacy of all of their passengers.

Of course, yes, they also realize it will help the poor OP's lawsuit which I am sure they want to do.

If he chooses to sue, then the name of the dancing passenger, if it is truly known by Carnival, will come out in discovery.

dorothy

Carnival Glory Sept 2004