Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holiday Oct newcomers

Its only June and im nervous already. Afraid of geting sea sick? Does any one know if there are alot of young kids on a Oct cruise? Two girlfriends and I ,turned 40 this year,we've been friends 27 years and all live in different states. Don't get me wrong I love kids, I have two. Ones a teenager I need this vacation! We are looking for lots of info.on the Holiday ship. Can u help?

Thanks GiGi
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Holiday Oct newcomers

We were on the Holiday last Oct. and will be on the Holiday this July and Oct. We really enjoy the smaller ship, such as the Holiday. I have concern also about the July cruise, because we do normally sail in the Fall so there is not as many kids. Yes, I have a 17 year old and that is the reason we will be going in July, because he has sailed but never with his family, so I figured this might be the last true vacation before college. To get back to your question, we did not have alot of kids on the cruise on the Holiday last October, we had a few that was on their Fall break, but not many at all.

When in October will you be sailing? We will be on the 10-24-05 and the 7-9-05 cruises on the Holiday anyone else??????

Terri
Old June 17th, 2005, 08:41 AM
debra

We cruised on Holiday at the end of October in 2004. It was the Halloween weekend and we didn't have any problems at all. I also cruised Holiday in March of this year and the ship was loaded with spring breakers from Ole Miss. We were pleasantly surprised at how mannerly they were. There were many adults who were more obnoxious than the college crowd.
Old June 17th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Happy Camper

Usually there will be maybe 15-50 kids on a fall cruise which is why we love to travel then. For sea sickness the best thing I have found is Bonine - pink pill over the counter at Walmart... Debbie
Old June 17th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Holiday Oct newcomers

We will be sailing on Oct 15 from mobile Al. How was Oct weather?
Old June 17th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Oct. weather was great last year, of course you can always be in a hurricane that time of year. We did not have a drop of rain the whole trip. The sunsets were wonderful. I think you will be going on the cruise that goes to Costa Maya, if you do you will have a great sunset as you leave Costa Maya. The sun is going down about the same time you will have to be back on the ship. I know last year we were the last ones on the ship because my husband was taking pictures of the sunset.

Terri