Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2005, 09:37 AM
s langham

Default Upper bunks on the Elation

I have a question-do the upper bunks (the ones that fold down from the wall) on the Elation hold an adult without collapsing?

When my kids and I went on the Elation 8-04, the two youngest had the upper bunks, and the 14 yo and I each had a twin bed on the floor. I am now going in January 2006 with three other adults, and we have a guaranteed oceanview cabin. If we get a room with two twin beds on the floor and two upper bunks, I will feel uneasy about someone's bed collapsing onto me.

Anyone know what the weight limit is on these things? Just as a note, I traveled with these same three people in January 2005 on the Elation, and we ended up getting upgraded to a suite with a private balcony (from a guaranteed oceanview), believe it or not. We could not believe our good fortune.

I'm only worried that this time, we'll actually get the room we paid for, and two people will be stuck worrying that they'll be crushed during the night from a collapsing bed.

thanks
skl
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Cajuncrab

Default Re: Upper bunks on the Elation

Last year my friends and I went on the Conquest. One of my friends is a big guy and he slept one night in the upper bunk with no problem. At the time he probably weighed about 200-225.