Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
Christine_2005

Default What part of the ship?

This may seem strange, but my family is wanting to take a cruise. We have never gone before. Is there a better or worst part of the ship to be on? We want an oceanview, and have an 8 year old going with us. Has anyone ever gone on the "Celebration"? Is it nice?
Thanks in advance,

Christine
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: What part of the ship?

Mid-ship, a lower deck, has the least motion if you think seasickness might be a factor. We aren't bothered (except my son on occasion and a Bonine does the trick for him) by the motion and are trying an aft balcony this go round.

Have fun planning your cruise and keep coming to the CM boards with questions.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old June 23rd, 2005, 08:20 AM
stalco

I think you will hear from most people that mid ship lower is the best. When there are rough seas, I think you feel less motion in this area. Keep in mind though you don't spend your whole cruise in the cabin. If you find the cruise you want and can't get the middle of the ship don't let it stop you.
We have been on both ships that don't move at all in great weather and in front of a hurricane that spend two days pretty rocky. Just pop a Bonine and get some fresh air.
Once you cruise you'll never want to stop.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

why would you think it strange that your family wants to take a cruise???
I agree that a mid-ships cabin on a middle deck is the most stable and we try to get those if we can, if we can't its not a huge deal. Look at the deck plans,- we don't like a cabin directly above or under the disco-you get that bass thumping a little bit, can be somewhat annoying. We like a cabin near the main staircases and elevator banks, for the convenience.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Happy Camper

On the Celebration (been 3 times plus some on sister ship the Jubilee) the best cabins are midship for motion but we LOVE the very very back cabins as they overlook the wheelwash and are about twice the size for the same price. The only problem with them is that they vibrate a lot... One cruise the joke at dinner was we should switch cabins with the honeymooners as then they wouldn't have to put quarters in the bed!!! (like Vegas)... Love the ship - perfect size - smaller and less people so no lines and easy to get around. A little confusing since the dining rooms stop you from going from one side of the ship to the other on a few decks... Also there is no huge centrum with glass elevators - it does have a middle area with the Pursers desk and Shore Excursion desk though. We don't care one way or the other. The ship is otherwise quite a bit like the bigger sister ships just no centrum... You'll have a great time! Debbie
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:19 PM
Yeoman

Congrats on your first cruise ! I must warn you, If you like the cruising environment, love being waited on, Love having someone else clean your room, cook for you, then serve you, Your going to be hooked ! It only took one cruise for the wife and I !

Mid-ship is good ! We had a aft balcony cabin on the Conquest, and it was great ! Thats something else that will hook you ! Those balcony's are great !
To answer your question, I would say from Midship back. My son went on the Sensation, in May, There room was an OV cabin up front. They had no problems at all !

Happy sailing to you;
david