Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
NoMeat

Default Vegetarian in Dining Rooms and elsewhere

Hi,

I'm vegetarian and I will be on the Triumph later this summer. Do I need to notify Carnival / my TA about this, or is there no special preparation for this diet? Do I rather not need to announce myself as such?

Do all the dining room menus include vegetarian choices? Can the kitchen be flexible/creative? What about non-formal dining room choices?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Vegetarian in Dining Rooms and elsewhere

On the Victory in December, there was a vegetarian option at every meal (whether in the dining room or on the Lido deck).
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I can't believe this would be a problem. there were so many things to pick from. Same if you are on Atkins, So. Beach.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM
MARY LOBUE

I'am going on the TRIUMPH in August and was on that ship 3 other times. On the bottom of the dinner menu it will list the one VEGGIE dish.they are serving. I order that dish as my side dish for nutrition. Some dishes are good and some are fair. The portions are on the small side. Also for lunch the TRIUMPH has a Chinese restaurant in the Lido which has alot of Veggie choices. The Lido buffet has a selection of dishes also.
You will love the ship. The entertainment is great and the comedians are a must to see.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:30 PM
rosetattoo

No problem with vegetarian diet....they always have a vegetarian entree, salads, vegetarian appetizers which are very good, and oftentimes a pasta with vegetables (they have a good one with a mushroom sauce). If none of the appetizers appeal to me, I ask the waiter to just bring me some fresh fruit which is always fresh and delicious. And, if there is pasta on the menu with meat and you eat carbs, ask them to serve it plain (I just put a little butter on mine) and get an order of the vegetables they are serving that night. On some nights, I eat two appetizers, salad, fresh fruit, yummy hot rolls, veggies and a baked potato (if they are not on the menu, you can ask your waiter for one, they are available every night upon request).
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:39 PM
rosetattoo

I forgot to answer your other question.....the Lido Deck buffet offers a good variety of different foods from different cultures and, as Mary mentioned earlier, the food at the wok station is very good on the Triumph and the Deli offers great tuna fish sandwiches if you eat fish, then there is always pizza, salads, fresh fruit, rice, etc. I have mentioned to the wait staff in the dining room that I am a vegetarian, it is not necessary to tell anyone else. The carnivores I travel with joke about my food choices while they're gnawing on a big hunk of beef, but there will be plenty of choices for you, just be creative and don't be afraid to ask for side orders off the dining room menu, anything you see can be ordered on the side, i.e., if they are serving Beef Wellington with broccoli and carrots, I'd just order a side of the veggies.
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Passenger

As a fellow vegetarian I can tell you that Carnival is great for us (vegans might have a different opinion). In addition to all of the above, they also servce veggie burgers at the pool grills that they grill on a separate grill from the meat burgers. And don't forget the pizza - one of my favorites.

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old June 28th, 2005, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

One of my daughters is a locto ovo veggie. I have sailed Carnival, NCL and Celebrity in the last 5 years and Carnival has the best options in my opinion and I do watch. Breakfast is never a problem. For lunch Carnival has at least 1 option on the dine room menu and in the buffet plus the pizzia, a veggie choice at the Asian station, veggie burgers adn tuna or egg salad at the deli at the grill and whatever else you can find in specials and sides all over the dine room or lido.