Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:22 PM
MaureenR

Default Comfort for Obese people on Carnival Legend?

Hi,

My family and I are thinking of taking the Carnival Legend out of New York trip next October. I'm a very large, obese woman (advocate for living large) and I've been looking over the photos of the Legend in regards to comfort on the ship. I notice the Truffles dining room doesn't have seating without arms on the chairs?? For the restaurants that have bench seating, does the table infront move? Meaning, can I adjust the distance between the table and me? I also looked at the lounge chairs on the pool deck, and worry that the fabric on them would split if I sat on them?

If there is anyone out there who's also enjoying life living large and has taken ANY cruise.. Please let me know your thoughts?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:49 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda
Default Re: Comfort for Obese people on Carnival Legend?

Hi MaureenR,

I'm a size 3X and I know what you mean about those chairs with the arms -ugh! Could barely fit in them!

Anyway, I was on the Valor in May, and in the main dining room, there are some chairs without the arms. If you happen to be at a table without them, then just ask you waiter for one. They were happy to help me.

I also ate in the specialty restaurant - Scarlett's and had no trouble there either.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cathy
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Maureen - check your dining room assignment when you get on board. If you are at a booth, request a change to a table. The tables in the booths do NOT move - I learned that and while it was a tight fit, I did sit on the end and was able to be relatively comfortable. Carnival's loungers are plastic and while they look flimsy, they do hold a lot of weight. I always put my towel underneath me. There are always some love seats or couch type seating in most lounges. You should be fine. I was on the Legend 1/03.

Old July 28th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Hello Maureen:

I am taking an Oct 4th Cruise on the Legend. What day are you planning on traveling?

10/4/2005-Legend
cruise-forums.com/countdown.php?month=10&year=2005&day=04&hour=16:00[/img]