Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2005, 05:33 PM
MaureenR

Default Carnival Legend restaurant selection

I was all excited when I first saw in my cruise planner that there was plenty of choices of places to eat on the Carnival Legend, and that we would have our pick from Pizza, Asian, International flavours, dinning room, Lido deck, Deli, room service 24 hours a day.. then learned, that at dinner time, only the dinningroom is open?? And that the room service is a small sparse menu of cold cuts and wraps?? I was also wondering, if you get food from any other part of the ship, are you allowed to take it back to your cabin if you wish?
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Carnival Legend restaurant selection

Maureen - I was on the Legend 2 years ago. The pizza is available 24 hours. During supper, the Lido deck buffet is open. I do not know if the buffet (including the Asian, Deli and other areas are open all night, but the pizza is). Room service has a little more than just cold cuts and wraps.........appetizers, hamburgers, dessserts, cookies and some more are on the menu, but it is not an unlimited choice. You can ALWAYS take your food from the buffet or the grills or the pizzeria back to your room if you so choose.

Old June 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
MaureenR

I'm thrilled to hear that we can take the food back to our room with us.. That works perfect for my dh and me since our two kids are quite young.. and knowing we can bring goodies back to the cabin is super for those late night munchies.
Old June 28th, 2005, 04:49 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

As I recall the deli bar, grill and Asian adjacent to the lido buffet are open until 6 or 7 pm. check the capers. this is true ob both the spirit and destiny class ships.
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:18 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

All the lido restaurant staiations have different open close times. Just check your daily capers. Careful when bringing food back to the room.....especially if you are attempting to carry beverages too!

Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to formulachk

I was on The Legend a few weeks ago. Trust me there is always something to eat. I know that the Unicorn Cafe is open during dinner hours it will tell you the hours on the capers. The room service menu has sandwiches, desserts etc. There is always pizza and there is ice cream too 24/7 The was even a Sushi cart set up in the evening towards the lounge. They always have food. The legend is a great ship you'll have a great time. Have fun!!!

Carnival Legend 6/2005
Sovereign of the Seas 8/2004
Carnival Inspiration 1/2004