Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2005, 04:31 PM
JennieR

Default Book excursions beforehand

We just recently got our booking number and are able to book our excursions. However, when we look at the excursions on the site, and then look at them through the booking several are missing. Is this because these particular excursions are not offered on that stop? When you do book them online does it tell you the times they are offered?

Also, has anyone found that since they began offering excursions before the shop sails that it is more difficult to get the excursions you want once you are on the boat? We are unsure of what to do! Any help would be appreciated!!

Jennie
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Book excursions beforehand

We sail in two weeks, and I agree some of the excursions are on main list but not offered online. I did notice as our cruise got closer, a few were added recently. One shore excursion we were particularily interested in, I contacted tour company directly and booked privately. I will post when we return if some were available only once on ship, how booked they were etc.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old June 27th, 2005, 06:06 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi JennieR,

When do you sail?

The excursion list will grow as you get within approximately 60 days of your sail date. And yes, they will offer excursions like the dolphin swim which are very popular and sell out quickly. Those are definitely the kinds of excursions you will want to book online.

Have a great time!

Cathy

Old June 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
JennieR

Default Re: Re: Book excursions beforehand

We sail in less than a month- July 24th. Two of the excursions I liked in St. Thomas are not on the list.. I am not sure if we should wait and see if they are available on the ship or just pick something else...
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Millie G.J.

Anyone out there who is cruising Carnival on Aug. 6, 2005, leaving from Miami?
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Admiral

In looking at the excursion list on Carnival's webpage I found something interesting. If you click on "my reservation" and then "add shore excursions" you not only get more excursions but the cost is included, instead of the little $$ signs.

Good luck!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:30 AM
JennieR

I found there to be less excursions, namely two of the ones I was interested in!!

Does anyone know if we wait till we're on the boat if theres less of a chance of getting what we want or do not many people book them online?
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Passenger

Chances are really good that they are not offering that excursion during your sailing for one reason or another. If you really want that excursion try doing it yourself. Peruse the destinations section of the boards on this site and on cruisecritic.com for advice on how to book your own excursion and recommendations for whom to use for the excursion. We did this for our Grand Cayman excursion and it worked great. Nativeway Watersports did a great job and was about 1/2 the price of the cruise line. For our family that calculated into a $180 savings.
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Happy Camper

Call Carnival and ask - it is a new program started in Feb I believe so there could be errors. If it was an excursion that you just have to do - book ahead of time because the most popular ones do sell out the first day and usually just with the ones put in the box before the desk opens. If you dont' really know and have a few choices that you could live with you might want to wait. Debbie
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:34 AM
Cruzn Buckeye

It is my understanding that they save a portion of the tours for people who do not have access to a computer to book online.
Also, if you don't mind my asking, what tours in St. Thomas were you interested in?
If it is the ST. John Trunk Bay you can do this on your own. It is much nicer that way because you can decide the length of time that you are there. It is really simple. When you debark get a cab to Red Hook. At Red Hook you board a ferry over to St. Johns. There you get on a Safari/ taxi type vehicle. You pay for each portion but it doesn't add up to much at all. After your visit there are plenty of cabs to return you.
I have to say if you have never been to Trunk Bay it is a place you do not want to miss!
Megans Bay is on St. Thomas. It is also very beautiful and you can do the cab thing on your own which lets you determine how long you want to stay. We have been on 14 cruises and I have to say that these are the two most beautiful beaches that I have ever seen!
Old July 1st, 2005, 02:26 PM
JennieR

Default Re: Re: Re: Book excursions beforehand

It was the Screamin Eagle or the Mini Speed Boats. Thanks for the advice tho