Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Drewntexas

Default Penthouse Suites on the ELATION

Curious about a more detailed description from anyone who has stayed in a Penthouse on Carnival. The one picture just doesnt do it justice. Does it have a refridgerator, microwave, jacuzzi, etc.?????

Elation July 10, 2005...just around the corner!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Penthouse Suites on the ELATION

I stayed in CAt. 11, not penthouse, on the Legend and it was beautiful, it had a whirpool tub, two t.v.'s and two v.c.r's and a small mini bar (fridge) that we emptied out and used for our own stuff, then reloaded it when we left. it was awesome.
Gail
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Captain

We were upgraded (yes upgraded) from a 6D to a cat 12 Suite on the Elation (room U80). The room had a Jacuzzi tub,refridgerator,VCR,mini bar. It had a sectional couch and a coffee table plus, a chair and a table. the balcony is covered.. There is a sliding door on the closet and it slammed open and shut in rough seas. the best thing I found to keep it wedged open was a life jacket. it fit pertectly in the opening.

Boy did we get spoiled!!

AKcruiser
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:12 AM
First Mate

That is great I dream of a up grade to the suite's any of them.Right now we are on the upperdeck oceanview. Elation here I come 9-11-05.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Drewntexas

AKCruiser... Ironically we were upgraded from catagory 6D to Cat 12 Penthouse suite (U97) as well. We took this same cruise last year which probably explains the upgrade.

What size were the beds? Was the Jacuzzi large or just a standard size tub??

Also curious about the "Skippers Club", was boarding much faster? I have this vision of it resembling American Airlines "Admirals Club" but im sure its not.

Cruising this SUNDAY...just hope Dennis stays AWAY!!
Old July 7th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Captain

Drewntexas,
The beds were 2 twins. I guess you could oush them together, but they were side by side so we just left them that way. The tub is a standard jucuzzi tub. The Skippers Club was great!! As we walked in a customer service agent ask us if she could help us and I ask her where the Skippers Club was and she said Oh you're in the Skippers Club? Come this way. She took us to a seperate security line and then to a small room where there were 2 agents waiting to process our documents. She then led us to a priority waiting area and we boarded right after a wedding party that was waiting to board. So after the wedding party we were the first 2 people on the ship!!! there are no more perks after that, but it was still cool. please email me at denaellis@hotmail.com and I'll send you some pics.

AKcruiser