Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2005, 10:08 AM
susanne

Default St. Maarten - Taxi or Rental Car?

Which would you recommend? Hiring a taxi for the day or a rental car? Does anyone know the prices? I was in St. Maarten about 8 yrs ago, and rented a car, and ended up having to find a ride back to the port as the car broke down, and could not get the rental company to respond to us. Perhaps things have changed since then. Does anyone have a rental company to recommend?
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: St. Maarten - Taxi or Rental Car?

We have stayed in St Maarten for a few weeks at a time and have used Best Deal Car Rental. I believe you can research them online at www.bestdealcarrental.com. If my memory serves me, the cars can be rented at the pier as well as at the airport. But I would check that out with the company.

It is quite easy to get around in St Maarten so for me a car would be the best option.

Carnival Glory
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM
waterbound

We were in St Maarten in April. I suggest a Taxi. Our friends also used a taxi when they were there. When they arrived at the beach, the driver ask what time they would like him to return. They said 3pm, and he was back at 3pm. I don't remember what we paid, but it was more than reasonable.
Have a good time!
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

We used the Best Car Deal Rental and LOVED it! Rented a 4x4 convertible jeep for the day for $65. The agency is right at the dock so it is really easy to find. Excellent service. I already have another jeep booked for our trip May 2006. We found it great fun to go off on our own. An easy island to tour - just one big circle. Just leave yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship since traffic can get a little congested. Happy Sailing.