Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2005, 09:58 PM
JennieR

Default Menu

Is the dinner menu pretty much the same on every cruise? We went on a five day cruise a few years ago and when we went on a seven day cruise the next year most of the food was the same the first few nights... Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:32 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna
Default Re: Menu

I have gone on 3 - 7 night Carnival cruises on 3 different ships and the menus have been the same on all 3 ships....once in 2001, 2002 and 2004....

Old July 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Happy Camper

Same menus - RCL and Carnival at least have all been about the same on all the cruises - they may add or subtract one or two items but the main stays are there such as lobster, escargot, filet mingon(spelling?), etc... Thats OK with me as I can eat their food even though it is the same it is only 1-2 times a year... Debbie
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:48 PM
rosetattoo

I sailed on the Valor in May and found new items on their dining room menu (and some missing such as Baked Alaska), food was excellent.
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Jeff and Bridget

I have heard rumors of a chocolate buffett... Is there any truth to this?

TIA
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Passenger

I have heard rumors of a chocolate buffet... Is there any truth to this?

TIA

Post Edited (07-06-05 20:07)

Conquest
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
rosetattoo

Jeff and Bridget.....Chocolate buffet, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. YES, A WONDERFUL CHOCOLATE BUFFET EXTRAVAGANZA ON THE VALOR!!!! We sailed to the western Caribbean and it was held on the Saturday prior to returning to Miami on our last sea day. No one in our group wanted to go to the chocolate buffet so I went alone....you won't believe your eyes, I was in chocolate heaven....chocolate cake with a lemon layer in between, chocolate cake with a raspberry layer in between, big hunks of bark chocolate, brownies, cookies, make your own chocolate sundae with all the fixins', a chocolate fountain, chocolate truffles which melted in your mouth, etc., etc., I piled my plate with chocolate goodness and one of the waitresses plopped one of the chocolate decorations on top of my beautiful chocolate mountain...I found a quiet secluded corner table and indulged in the chocolate decadence, I had chocolate all over my face and even under my fingernails (don't know how that happened!)....if you are sailing on the Valor, absolutely do not miss the chocolate buffet.
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Menu

Thanks so much for the information! We are sailing on the Conquest (Jan 15, 2006) and looking forward to all of the fun stuff! The chocolate buffet sounds heavenly! We have heard that the food is just wonderful on these cruises (this is our first).

Conquest
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:21 AM
rosetattoo

I suggest you try all the different food options on your cruise, dining room, buffet, grill, pizza, etc. On the Valor, they had free liquor tasting one night, Captain's cocktail party, and a free sushi bar every night. The food overall was excellent, even great hot dogs with chili on the aft deck. You can be as busy or laid back as you want to be. There are lots of activities on sea days or you can just hang out in a lounge chair. The specialty drinks of the day can be purchased without the souvenir glass which cuts the price in half. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Admiral

i agree with rose that a cruise is the time to try something new and different when it comes to food. Try it, if you don't like it all you have to do is to tell your waiter and he will order you something else. If you have a really good waiter, he will pick up on your signals that you aren't happy with your meal and he will ask you if you would like to order something else.
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Bmaintz

Just a note on the fine dining.... If you order quail (which I did on the Conqest) you can order another plate if still hungry.... same with all dishes offered.... You can also oder extra deserts.....