Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Dayzy

Default bad weather

I leave on the Victory this Sunday, and so I took a look at the weather reports... ALL THUNDERSTORMS predicted for the area of my cruise... the entire week.
What happens in cases like this? Do we just cruise around in the rain for 7 days? And does carnival reimburse me for the excursions I booked already? Please help... I'm sad enough...
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Shipbound

Default Re: bad weather

That is one of the reasons I do not cruise during July, August or September. The weather can be unperdictable. I was in bad weather several years ago while on a cruise
we had 5 days of rain, I mean it poured. There was no course alternation we just got rained on for 5 days . But the captain will not put the ship, crew or passengers in danger if a hurricane is in the way the ship's course will be changed.

Gary.
Old July 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Happy Camper

The captain will try to find sunshine IF he can but if it rains it rains. If the excurions are canceled by the cruise line and you booked through the cruise line then they will refund your money on board. IF you booked on your own that is up to the operator you booked through. I've dodged hurricanes before and had rain for most of a cruise but you can still have fun - don't be sad just remember you are on a cruise and have fun!! Also remember that the caribbean is very very HOT right now so you can do island tours and at least the rain will keep you cool! On those bright sunny 110 degree days in caribbean you would be wishing for a little rain to cool you down. Also remember if it is not a THURDERSTORM with lightning etc. you can snorkel - you're wet anyway... Don't do this in lightning! Try to stay openminded - Sunday is a long way off and the weather could turn out to be a sunny scorcher! Debbie
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've found that many times there is a brief storm, it passes and then the sun comes out.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: bad weather

In the beginnng of June when we went on a cruise, I looked on the weather channel and 60-70% rain was predicted at EACH port! We didn't get a drop of rain!!! NONE -- Weather was beautiful! Don't go by what the weather states -- what will be will be. Theh captain will do their best to stay in sunny weather!
cheryl
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Passenger

I cruised 6/605 and my ports said 30% chance of rain daily..well it RAINED everyday almost all day. Actual sunshine about 2 hours the entire trip. Good luck!!
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Admiral

And remember, if it's the usual thunderstorms, there can be a 70% chance that it will rain SOMEWHERE for SOME length of time. That doesn't necessarily mean rain where you are all day long.

And yes, there is so much to do onboard. I know you would be disappointed to miss any ports, or even to tour them in the rain, but you can still have lots of fun on the ship.

Hope it turns out well for you.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: bad weather

Sounds like my house. If it is 90% chance, then it may be sunny. If it is 20%, better put the boards on the windows!
cheryl
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:10 PM
First Mate

If it rains all week do the spa on the ship that is very relaxing. Take a deck of cards for some poker and a good book to read. then every time the sun shines hit the deck and grab the rays. Try to have a wonderful time. oh don't miss the shows.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old July 8th, 2005, 04:52 AM
bjkeen

Where does the Victory cruise to? If you are visiting the tropics I can vouch for Florida weather, my neighbors from other states tell me that it is wierd. Providing there is not a hurricane causing the rain, normally it rains and clears up. If there is a hurricane causing the rain, it stays with us for a couple of days.

While cruising on the Fantasy, we experienced a rainy day. My snorkel excursion money was refunded to me. I do not think the cruise company refunds your money unless your entire ship full of passengers have a terrible cruise.

Best of luck!
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Admiral

you will be dealing with the aftermaths of Hurricane Dennis. He has done some damage to Jamaica and is supposed to glance the Caymens. Check Carnival's web site for updates.
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:33 AM
jmorley

I've checked Carnival's web page several times but I don't see any info about the the weather. Where should I look for updates?

I'm supposed to drive to New Orleans on Sunday for a Monday cruise and I'm getting a little nervous about the whole trip.