You would not believe how fabulous the weather is in Florida today. The sun is shining and the weather is hot. It was 100 degrees around 3:30 p.m.
ABC's for Hurricane Survival
A. If you have a cruise booked this weekend out of South Florida, you might want to call your cruise company to see if your ship is still sailing.
B. Do you take motion sickness pills? If you are sailing this weekend out of Florida, you might want to check out motion sickness pills. If you are on medication, check with your doctor.
C. If the hurricane misses us, it will probably still rain a lot. You might want to bring an umbrella.
1. If you are in South Florida - get prepared.
2. Store drinking water.
3. Store water for flushing the toilet.
4. Bring in lawn chairs, and outside tables.
5. Bring in plants in pots (they become flying missles in hurricanes).
6. Purchase automobile fuel. Tankers do not come into the ports during hurricanes.
7. Purchase non perishable food (enough for a few days).
8. Evacuate if you are in an evacuation zone and EMS tells you to go.
9. Make plans for your pets.
10. If evacuating, find out where the shelter you are to evacuate to is located.
11. Make sure you have medication (if you take any) for a few days.
That's all for now. If you all are interested in the progress of the hurricane; I will keep you posted as long as I have electricity.