Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Passenger

Default Miracle July 10th anyone just return

I am on the Miracle next week (July 17th) and was wondering if the captain went to different ports because of the hurricane? I know the ship was late in arriving yesterday.

How were the waves? Could you really feel the ship move a lot?

Thanks

Paul D
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:43 PM
stateguybrian

Default Re: Miracle July 10th anyone just return

yeah, i just got back. Our ports of call were not affected at all (beautiful weather for all of them, in fact) but saturday and sunday the ship was really rocking, bad enough to put motion sickness bags on the boat. We ended up being 17 hours late.

Great cruise, all in all.
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey we saw yall in Belize! We were on the Elation! I have TONS of pictures of yall!

Post Edited (07-12-05 21:47)
Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
Celebrity Galaxy 12 night panama canal
12/17/2005!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=12&year=2005&day=17&hour=18:0
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Miracle July 10th anyone just return

What time did you get in? The Carnival web site stated the ship would be boarding around 6:00pm last Sunday. 17 hour delay. Did you arrive later than they stated on their web site?

How bad was the rocking? Could you really feel it? Was everyone seasick?

We are going out this Sunday right around when Emily could hit.

Why were you delayed. Did they try to go around the storm?

I am surprised you had such great weather on the islands. I thought they got hit when you were there. Hope you had fun.

Thanks,

Paul D
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Just got off the ship 2 days ago. The cruise was great and the ship was very nice. It was when the captain decided to follow hurricane Dennis in the trouble began. We had very rough seas for 2 nights. It waS so bad that you could hardly stay in your bed. If you were lucky to stay in bed you did not get much sleep. The doors were sliding and banging all night. We understood it was a hurricane and little the cruise lines can do about weather. The problem was coming in to port. I guess they closed the port and we were told to be out of room by noon. Then they changed it to 4:00 then to 7:00 and finally 9pm. I felt so sorry for the family's traveling with young children and older people. We were left standing for several hours waitinig to get off the ship. They finally dumped us off at 2 in the morning. What a sad reflection on Carnival. They pu the new group on 3AM WHAT A JOKE. It would have been so much better to leave everyone on let them go to bed put, the other group up in hotels and let them get on in the morning. They had already lost a day and everyone on out ship had missed their flights. It was no use to get a hotel at 2 in the morning and have to be at the airport by 6 am fo stand bye. SHAME ON CARNIVAL FOR DUMPING PEOPLE LIKE THAT.