Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:50 PM
can'twaitcruiser

Default A/V jacks on cabin TV"s?

Has anyone's kids brought their Play Station 2 consoles and successfully hooked them up to a Conquest TV? My son does not want to blow all his allotted money in the game room. Rest assured, he will still spend a lot of $$ there. Thanks for any answers.
can'twaitcruiser
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:35 PM
AJC

Default Re: A/V jacks on cabin TV"s?

I'd also be interested to know this.

Sub question... how does everyone handle music on their cruises? I am a first timer. My first thought was to plug an iPod or portable CD player into the afore mentioned TV audiojacks. I could also get a small pair of speakers that plug into a headphone jack. Those are not my favorite, however, and it is one more thing I have to take along. My cruisemates and I would like to have some music in the cabin, not having each of us carry around a portable player, if possible.

Any ideas ?
Old July 12th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Let me try to answer this for you both. I have two teen boys, who are always doing play station etc. We thought they would go in to some sort of withdrawal without their machines. We were also not sure they could plug them in, so they did not take theirs. My husband did look atfer we got in out room, and I believe I remember him saying that it would have worked. We did let them take Game Boy, because of the long trip to the ship, but after boarding the ship, they never picked it up again. There is so much to do on the ship. I have one son who is all over the place, so i knew he wouldn't have any trouble having fun, but my other son is very quiet, and doesn't make friends that well, and he turned into a different person. Met kids his own age hung out with them, and enjoyed the activities for his age group. I would figure out how not to take it if i was you.

As far as the music in the room. Picture your stateroom, or cabin (whatever you call it) as a motel room. The only difference is you only have one plug (110) If you plug your music in at home, you will be able to do the same on the ship. If you use a battery, and need to recharge it, that isn't a problem either. Take one of those things where you can plug more things in at once. I think people on here call them power strips. I'm not sure the reason for plugging music in the TV. If I can help more let me know.

Luanne

Ecstasy 2005

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

leave the things at home!! there will be so much for them to do that wont cost extra $$

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03