Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Patticake

Default hurricane emily heading for cozumel, yikes our first stop fo

I know i am a worrier but really. this hurricane which it should be in one more day isheading for our first stop, chankanaab park. we haave been waiting one year for this cruise and our first stop. i guess i am just looking for some sympathy. they are predicting it will be hitting yucatan peninsula. our ship leaves miami sunday and should arrive in cozumel on tues. morning the 21st.

i am not worried about the safety or anything like that. i know theship is huge and they do this all of the time and skirt thesethings. i am really worried we will miss all of our planned things to do on these islands. the kids are so looking so forward to all of it. what are some ways they work around this as far as itinerary? thanks for listening to me.
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: hurricane emily heading for cozumel, yikes our first sto

Not to worry...........Chankanaab park will still be there. Some trees may be down, but if you are going for the snorkeling, I guarantee the water and fish will still be there !!! Lovely park, you will have a nice time. If the itinerary changes, there is pretty much snorkeling at every port you go to. If not, you can always save it for your next cruise, and I also guarantee there will be a next cruise !!

You'll love it no matter what changes are made !!!
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: hurricane emily heading for cozumel, yikes our first

You do have my sympathy - and I completely understand as our cruise one year was changed due to weather and other conditions. However.........you are on a cruise ......and it doesn't matter where you stop at, the fish are the same, the water is absolutely beautiful and you are far far far away from home and any kind of reality! Enjoy wherever you go. I do hope you get to go to the park - have been there several times myself and loved it. However, if you go to a different port --- you will be back as the post says! So don't worry mon-- enjoy.
cheryl
Old July 13th, 2005, 11:15 PM
First Mate

Default Re: hurricane emily heading for cozumel, yikes our first sto

Have a safe trip and we pray that Emily causes little damage.
I have missed a port due to Ivan and it is upsetting but once on the ship you kind of find other things to keep you so busy after the cruise you do not relize you missed it.
Yes you will be back.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2