Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Elation July 3,2005

Carnival Elation July 3-10, 2005 7nights from Galveston, TX

This was our second time on the Elation and it will not be our last trip on her or the cruise line!

Embarkation: We live about 3 hours away from Galveston so we normally leave our house around 5:45 am and get there at the terminal around 9:15 am. At the terminal everything went real smooth. Our family happened to be one of the first families to go through customs and board the ship at 11:45 am. After we got on the ship the first thing we did was head to Tiffanys on the lido deck. Since it was about 12:45 when we were through eating and our rooms would not be ready until another 45 min. we decided to wait outside by the pool while drinking some ice tea.

The Room: We normally get balcony or ocean view rooms but this time we decided to try out an inside. We were on the Empress deck cabin numbers E92 and E96. We LOVED them! They turned out to be great. At first when we booked them I was a little scared about how dark it would be, oversleeping, tripping in the dark etc. Actually I think we slept better on this cruise because of how dark it was at night! It was a little dark but we left our bathroom light on and closed the door were there was just a tad bit of light shinning through the crack. Its always nice to have a window or balcony but if you want to save your money on the room and spend all the money on buying souvenirs from the cruise then a inside is the way to go! And our Cabin stewards were Junior from Jamaica and Ralucca from Romania. I wish I could of taken them home with me!

Food on Lido: GREAT! We loved all the food served there. And the desserts were delicious! On the last day of the cruise you cannot miss the chocolate dessert buffet! Its wonderful! The kids LOVE the pizza and ice cream as well as us!

Food in dinning room: We were once again in the Inspiration dining room. Our waiters were Sy form the Philippines and Tina from Peru. They were great! We also ran into our waiter that we had last year on the Elation..Joel from the Philippines. The food was very good also in the dining room. My favorites foods there are the Prime ribbs, Vegetarian enchiladas (we are not vegetarian but we love these enchiladas) Tiger shrimp, Lobster etc.

Crew: All the crew on this ship were very friendly and helpful!

Ports of Call: Our ports of call were Progresso, Cozumel, and Belize.

More later.....

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them!

Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
Celebrity Galaxy 12 night panama canal
12/17/2005!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=12&year=2005&day=17&hour=18:0
Sponsored Links