Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2005, 03:07 PM
JennieR

Default Plane delays and transfers...

Our plane is due to arrive in FL at 12:30 PM... Our ship departs at 4:00 PM. If for any unseen reason our plane is delayed or our luggage takes a long time (gotta love Spirit airlines), can the transfer leave without us being that we already booked it? They know when our flight arrives so they could track it if need be... We usually get in really early and sit around at the airport but this year we decided to fly in a little later and now I'm worried... Please calm my fears!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Plane delays and transfers...

I'm also doing the same with a flight into MCO that is due to arrive at 12:58 for a 4:00 departure....Hopefully we'll both be fine and make the bus....I was suprised that they plan on leaving at 4 and not 5??

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 17th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Karis

I was in that situation last month we were flying from Chicago to Jacksonville with a stop in North Carolina, when we got to North Carolina Our flight was delayed almost two hours. I called carnival and they assured me that as long as we reached florida by 2pm we wouldnt miss our transfer ride to the ship. All the transfer is a bus that seats about 8 people and it is located right outside of the baggage claim area so you should be fine.
Old July 17th, 2005, 07:49 PM
bjkeen

Are you talking about if you have a lay over? Did Carnival make your travel arrangements? If Carnival made them for you, then yes they will wait for you. If your flight is going to be late, I agree that you should call Carnival.
__________________________________________________ _
Along the same line of thinking, you must return to the ship after excursions before the designated time of departure. The reason is this; the ship will leave you and not come back to get you if you are late. Yesterday, I was told by a fellow cruiser that she was on an excursion (not santioned by the cruise company) and she was returning early to the ship. While driving toward the ship she heard the ships horn sounding. She wondered what that signified. When she boarded the ship she found out that crew members were on the island looking for both passengers and other crew members. The reason was that the ship was going to depart two hours earlier than scheduled, due to the ship trying to avoid a hurricane.

Before leaving the ship, I always make sure my watch is set to the same time that the Purser has. And I return before the departure time. I have been told by other cruisers that if you are on an excursion that you purchased while aboard the ship, that the ship will wait for your return. If you decide to book an outside excursion, or venture off by yourself then you are pretty much on your own. If you miss the ship you have to arrange your travel home at your own expense. I think that is a good reason to go back to the ship a little early.
Old July 17th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

We are doing the same thing and our plane should arrive at 12:05 with a cruise departure at 4:30. We have one layover with only 50 min. to get from one plane to another and off to the final destination. What happens if the first plane is late and we miss the second plane --- or the second plane is delayed? What if you are late getting to the ship to leave? Flight is not booked with carnival. What happens if we miss the boat! It is going to be an extremely stressful day! I should have gone in the day before (trying to save money) - I guess you book a flight to catch the boat somewhere????
Old July 17th, 2005, 10:28 PM
JennieR

Default Re: Re: Plane delays and transfers...

We don't even have a layover, I am just worried about the plane being delayed or the luggage taking forever... we've had the problem before with Spirit...
Old July 18th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Admiral

Cheryl--that's correct. I've made connections barely half that. Not crazy about that happening....but it can be done. Odds are great that you'll make your cruise without any difficulties.

Old July 18th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Donna, Don't worry, the Glory B group will go sit on the driver until you are safely with
us on the ship.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 18th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks Laura,
I'm sure we will be fine and make the ship with time to spare.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Cheryl - since you booked your air on your own, you are basically on your own if anything happens, if your flight is late and you miss the ship, its up to you to get a flight to the next island ( this is where insurance really helps) . There are circumstances where the ship might wait, it all depends.