CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   triumph balcony rooms (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/204804-triumph-balcony-rooms.html)

Karyn July 21st, 2005 10:23 AM

triumph balcony rooms

When picking rooms...w/ a balcony...which floor and mid or forward ship? Prices go up per floor. Is it worth it? decks open are empress and up... Thanks

KarenConley July 21st, 2005 11:29 AM

Re: triumph balcony rooms

We were on the Panorama deck 10 and it was a great location. Walk down on deck to the Lido where everything is going on--food, drinks, pools. Balcony was great you will enjoy that--went to Lido deck got my drink and headed back to balcony and sat outside and watched everything go by--wonderful. Have a great cruise.
Karen

itty July 21st, 2005 05:28 PM

LIDO deck is very good. cuts down on the walking mid ship rooms are all great.
if you wish to look of fish a lower deck is what you want

maynovmom July 23rd, 2005 12:53 PM

We were on the Victory last year on the verandah and it was great.

scubasmits July 24th, 2005 12:17 AM

The wife loved Deck 10 on Triumph because she was never more than 50 feet away from the frozen yogart machines! Really had no problems with the noise level comming from the mid-ship pool area, even with the raging deck party that was going on after leaving Cozumel!

mikee July 24th, 2005 10:23 PM

Karyn, we will be going on our 19th cruise on the liberty in nov.
and we always request mid ship/balcony. really doesn't matter
what floor you're on as all the rooms are the same size until
you get into the suites. the only thing I would look out for is
getting a cabin directly under the pool on the lido deck as you
hear alot of chair shuffleing and moving around early in the
morning. any other questions feel free to e-mail me and
have a GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris M July 25th, 2005 09:32 PM

Try cabin 1065 on the Panorama deck if you can - awesome room and close to all the action - very quiet even though you're steps from the pool. Have booked this room twice on the Triumph and Victory.

BMiller July 29th, 2005 05:25 PM

If you are prone to motion sickness, the lower and more center the less motion you will feel. Some feel the lower aft rooms pick up more vibrations and noise from the engines, but the view is worth the inconvienience.

I have noticed that there can be a lot more noise from kids in adjoining rooms and the halls in the lower levels, probalby because the lower price makes them more affordable for families. If that bothers you, look at the floor plans and pick a room away from the rooms that have the 1 and 2 upper bunks. Families often get these and have their kids in their room with them or put older kids in their own room.

In the older ships the higher the deck, the closer you were to everything. The newer ships put a couple of public decks lower. The Valor and Victory have the dinning and show rooms below the balcony decks. Being higher on the ship doesn't aways get you closer to the action now.

If you like to hit the beds early, you might try to get on a deck between two other cabin decks so you don't pick up noise from the public areas.

I guess is sounds like I'm obsessed with noise in the cabin, but about the only thing we do their is sleep so that's about the only real concern I have. The rooms are all big enough for the two of us and the views are all good. So sound and motion are about the only concerns. Other than that pick a cabin close to where you want to spend most of your time.