Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:18 PM
charles ward

Default carnival legend

has anybody have any remarks concerning the carnival legend ? first time traveler curious about any do's and don'ts.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: carnival legend

Hello,

I will be traveling on the Legend 10/4, this is my first time traveling on this particular ship and I am looking forward to it. I have travel twice before on Carnival and both time was a rewarding experience for me.

Old July 28th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Gail F.

Well then you are in for a big treet with the Legend she is a beauitful ship, much easier to get around then some of the others.
The adult only pool is strictly enforced and what a treet that was, after getting away from a home daycare full of little kiddies for 17 years.
have fun Gail
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

You will love the Legend we sure did!! if you go to the photo gallery and search for Carnival Legend Dec 15,03 i just uploaded more pictures.

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Admiral

If you plan to maybe do a load of laundry on board, bring some laundry soap tablets and dryer sheets, the ship has detergent but no dryer sheets so you have to wait till your clothes rinse to add the liquid. If your into wine or want to learn how to pair wine with food take the wine class cost just $10 and was very informative, not snobby. The
Oh pack a rain poncho from the dollar store, less weight then trying to pack and umbrella and comes in handy for shore excursions just in case. I brought my own insulated water bottle and refilled it on Lido deck saves tons of money from buying bottled rip off water for $3 a bottle! Pack a nite lite with dim bulb, cabins are pitch black other wise, and don't forget a power strip the cabins only have one outlet. Any questions e mail me.

Legend is very nice, clean staterooms, great bands, tons of stuff to do. Us adults even went up to the Arcade for some games of air hockey, pac man. Middle pool with the stage is the fun party pool but kids are in the hot tubs and everywhere, I liked the adult aft pool but walked over a lot to see hairy chest competition and Survivor at the main pool. I took advantage of the free room service for breakfast most days, no waiting in line, just tip your room service guy a few dollars. Massages and spa treatments are cheaper on days in port. Friendly passengers and crew, mix mingle and have a great time!
Old July 29th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Gail F.

extra hangers and one of those pop up hampers came in handy for us also
Gail
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:44 PM
billnemo

Charles

Make sure that you are aware that Carnival can cancell any or all of your ports of call for whatever reason whatsover. Be sure to read the contract found with your ticket book in it's entirety before sailing. Below is the clause about ommiting ports of call:

9. (a) The Vessel shall be entitled to leave and enter ports with or without pilots or tugs, to tow and assist other vessels in any circumstances, to return to or enter any port at the Masterís discretion and for any purpose and to deviate in any direction or for any purpose from the direct or usual course, and to omit or change any or all port calls, arrival or departure times, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to safety, security, adverse weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, emergency debarkations of Guests or crew, or late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, all such deviations being considered as forming part of and included in the proposed voyage. Carnival shall have no liability for any compensation or other damages in such circumstances.

You will have no recourse if they cancell all of your ports of call, doesn't matter why, states in the contract "any reason whatsoever" (see above). So you could end up spending your entire cruise on the ship.

You should be prepared to pay for: any gambling expenses, babysitting $6.00 per hour, laundry $15.00 per bag, liquor purchases, (you won't receive any liquor that you purchase onboard until the night before you disembark), bingo average $7.00 per card for 1 or 2 game sessions, any beach towels $22.00 if accidentally left on a deck, 15% mandatory tips on your drinks. Your room will have several sodas and bottled water in it if you drink them its about $3.50 per. Customary room service tips, photos of which will be taken when embarking, every night at dinner, formal night around the ship avg $20.00 per, arcade tokens, soda cards about $36.00, coffee drinks from a bar area, smoothie drinks $3.75 - $4.75 ea +15%, wine at dinner $4.75 to $9.75 + 15% per glass, temporary tatoos, spa treatments, teeth whitening $179.00 etc. plus any excursions that you may book. Plus Carnival will bill you $10 per person per day for tips, if you want to reduce the tips you'll have to go to the information desk and tell them, they may try to make you feel guilty about it they will ask if you are going to tip them on your own, don't let that bother you. The Travelog which is a video log of the trip showing events such as the "hairy chest contest" plus all the other excitemnet onboard as a reminder of your trip is only $29.00. Internet service 30 minutes for $16.50. A can of coke with a tumbler just $6.95.
The daily drink specials are about $6.25 ea. but you get to keep the plastic souvenior glass.
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Passenger

Now I am really excited.
10/4/2005-Carnival Legend

Old August 16th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Kathristin

Default Re: Re: carnival legend

I know I am being really picky, but what is the color scheme in the Carnival Legend Category 8 (Balcony) staterooms. I have seen so many different pictures. Some the carpet is red, others its sort of greenish.

Do they have hairdryers in the cabins?

Thank you
Old August 16th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Going out on Legend 12.3.05 for 1st time (5th time on Carnival). Appreciated info, nice to know they have washers and dryers. Will bring soap tabs. Hope to run into some Cruisemates on this voyage. Nice to know they have an adults only pool back aft, I'll be hanging out there while at sea. 109 days to sail (I couldn't get the clock to work) Eddie

May/03 CCL Fantasy
Jan/04 CCL Ecstasy
Dec/04 NCL Norwegian Star
Dec/05 CCL Legend
May/06 CCL Paradise
Jan/07 CCL Liberty
Old August 17th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Bee

Hi 4 of us sailing on Legend December 3-11-05 Thanks for info sounds great can't wait to go Bee
Old August 17th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Hello, Just returned from the Legend today out of New York City. I loved this ship. We had a wonderful time. The crew and staff are wonderful can't say enough good things about them. Brett the Cruise Director his really great. I'm very tired right now can't straight right now. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Good night.
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:29 PM
DENISE H

here is a tip for you put bright pom-poms or bright tape on your bags easier find byour bags at airport or port