Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:42 AM
BoosterMom

Default Anyone sailing out of Miami in next few weeks, post on this

We just sailed out of Miami on Carnival Victory and found Miami to be pretty bad. If you have any questions on parking or directions, post here.
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Anyone sailing out of Miami in next few weeks, post on t

Explain what you mean by "Pretty bad". We sailed out of Miami in May and Yes - Miami is hectic and not easy to get around in. But, we had no problem getting a taxi to and from our hotel and the cruise port.
Old August 1st, 2005, 02:20 PM
Yeoman

OH - The reason I'm asking is because we have friends leaving next weekend out of Miami and we leave in Sept.
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
BoosterMom

If you are driving it is awful. There is much construction around the cruise terminal right now. Many one way streets also. Lots of detours downtown and off Biscayne Blvd. Parking is very far away from the Victory, but not Valor and Royal Caribbean ships. The terminal itself cannot handle the 3400 or so people for the ship. Maybe we got there just at the busiest time. Maybe arriving earlier and sitting would be better, maybe getting there just before ship sails would be better. Street signs are missing in places. Again, we were driving. Taxis and hotel shuttles have special lines and drive there enough to know the ins and outs there daily. If you drive, the directions from Expedia and Carnival web site are wrong. We figured our way around, but went the wrong way several times. Just look for Port Blvd and that will get you there..............
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:34 PM
Beginner

I'm leaving on the Victory Aug 28. I live in Orlando and don't really want to leave my car unattended for the week. I'm thinking of renting a car to drop off at one of the car rental agencies near the port. How close are they to where the ship is docked? Having never been to the port, I have no idea where everything is around there.

I haven't seen any posts from others going on this cruise.. anyone else out there or am I going to have the boat all to myself?

Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:39 AM
BoosterMom

While we were driving in, I didn't see any car rental agencies at all..........I'm sure they must be there though.........Hopefully, they would be away from that area and would just shuttle you in to the cruise terminal. I'm sure Hertz, Budget, Alamo have places there. Sounds like a good idea. Do you have airport shuttle services from Orlando to Miami? We have them to the Atlanta airport and sometimes will book for different routes........maybe one could pick you up in Orlando at home and drive you to cruise terminal in Miami.........cheaper than rental car?? don't know, but worth a phone call. Good luck

By the way, our car was fine, the parking is covered, but I don't think there is "sufficient" parking. We got there about 12:00 noon and in a 6 deck parking lot, we were on deck 5. It was $120.00 for the 7 day cruise and payable when you drop car off..........in cash..............
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Captain

We normally have a rental car when sailing from Miami. You can return your car to the airport rental lot and then catch their shuttle to the pier at no additional cost and this works in reverse as well. Have driven in Miami a few times and although construction is a constant issue we have not encountered any major problems. I think that a rental from Orlando if it was a good price would be well worth your efforts, at least in my opinion.
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Parking

With all the strict security, do you go through a security check point where they search or check your vehicle?