Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2005, 05:33 PM
patticake

Default ocean view cabins on victory, the biggest of all?

I have been conversing with boostermom and will ask her this personally, but are the oceanview cabins on the victory bigger than any other cabins. i wish i had known this. i would have put our daughters, husbands, and kids in these rooms instead of inside cabins. we just got back from victory on western carribean.

my husband and i had a balcony which we loved but might have booked oceanview for everyone(three cabins) if i had known they were so big. our one daughter had four people in their inside cabin. do the oceanview have two lower bunks and two uppers available.? we could not get balcony and oceanview cabins on same deck. they are not laid out that way. it would have been nicer for them to have more room for themselves and two kids. why dont carnival reps /or travel agents tell you these facts about the size of the rooms. they do not even say anything about this size in brochures or on line.. just interested.
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ocean view cabins on victory, the biggest of all?

patticake,
According to Travelocity, the inside cabins are 185 sq ft and the oceanview cabins are 220 sq ft. I think all quad cabins (sleeps 4) have 2 lower and 2 uppers. 2 adults and 2 children should have been okay with the inside...sleeping and dressing...

We had 5, 2 adults and 3 sons, in our oceanview cabin on the former Jubilee twice, 2 upper, 2 lower and a fold up roll away. We had plenty of room and never felt cramped. Of course the boys were younger then and not 6 ft tall as they are now. Our youngest was 4 & 5 when we sailed the Jubilee and the window had a large 2 X 4 window sill or larger and that was his "play area" both times.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:07 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: ocean view cabins on victory, the biggest of all?

Patticake:

The OV cabins we had on Victory were the largest we have had between all of our cruises on Rhapsody of the Seas, Sensation and Inspiration. Our other boats are out of commission or like Premier Lines, the original Big Red Boat, are gone...........We felt it was plenty big. We had rooms 2240 and 2238. We had a huge bed, I guess two twins pushed together, but it felt like a king size. Had a sofa that must have let out into a bed, but with just us we used as a sofa. Our girls were across hall in an inside cabin. There would have been plenty room for all of us (but cramped). Enough room for all our clothes (would have probably hung up more stuff) but we all decided the bathroom issue would be the worst. All four of us (three women) all trying to get bathroom time, showers, etc. I booked directly with Carnival and was told this would be the best set up for the money for us. We didn't want to go the balcony route just yet since we were paying for two rooms. We may try a mini suite sometime, but it still doesn't solve bathroom issue. Some OV cabins do have two upper berths but they are few and far between as I found out. I will have to say that several weeks ago a poster mentioned that they solved the bathroom problem by hubby going to spa to shower. I thought this was ridiculous. Well, after using those showers and being in the spa area several times, I can see where this makes sense, especially for a guy. I would even do it. Lots of room, a dressing area, big mirrors........... Who cares if I have to tromp back down to my room in my beautiful Carnival robe. Hey, I'm with 3400 of my best friends anyway..HAHAHA! By the way, all rooms, inside and OV on Victory have robes. At least that's what we were told. My girls had an inside room and had two robes in their closet.