CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Liberty Transatlantic.. Cruise to end in Miami, NOT (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/204938-carnival-liberty-transatlantic-cruise-end-miami-not.html)

Kuki August 2nd, 2005 09:21 AM

Carnival Liberty Transatlantic.. Cruise to end in Miami, NOT

Wanted to let all those on the CruiseMates "Lots of Time, But Little Money" cruise know that our cruise will now be ending in Miami, NOT in Ft Lauderdale as originally planned!

Not sure why they made the change, and hope it doesn't complicate anyone's post cruise travel plans.

CA Cruiser August 2nd, 2005 09:27 AM

Re: Carnival Liberty Transatlantic.. Cruise to end in Miami,

Kuki,
Wow! Does this mean the Liberty is sailing from Miami or this a one time thing? We are sailing in November and already have air booked for FLL and hotels.

beenie weenie August 2nd, 2005 12:37 PM

Good Question CA. We're cruising in November too and it didn't even occur to me that it might be a permanent port change until I saw your post. I called Carnival to confirm that this was not a permanent port change, since we'll be doing two back to back cruises out of Ft. lauderdale in November and it would be annoying to have to jump off of one ship in Ft. Lauderdale and have to zip over to Miami to get on the Liberty. The gal at Carnival said she thought it would only affect the cruise that Kuki referred to.

CA Cruiser August 2nd, 2005 12:42 PM

Thanks bw. I hope we stay in FLL. We have a group of 12 going and we are in many different hotels pre-cruise. I won't mention this to them until we find out different. I think if it is a permanent change then CCL should provide FREE transers to MIA because many have made non refundable or changeable arrangements. Same for Kuki's trip, they should provide transfers to FLL from MIA because I'm sure many have made arrangements already. Time will tell.

Kuki August 2nd, 2005 03:16 PM

I'm betting they simply want the ship in Miami for some pre caribb. inaug ceremonies, and then they'll go back to the "normally scheduled programming"<G>

But I don't know for certain.

fsdcriuser August 2nd, 2005 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Carnival Liberty Transatlantic.. Cruise to end in Mi

Hi Kuki,
We got a note from our travel agent that noted the port change and said Carnival will help with airport changes and have a shuttle for 10.00 for those who need to go to
Ft Lauderdale. His message is below:

"Carnival Cruise Line has asked us to contact you. The Carnival Liberty Transatlantic cruise departing from Civitavecchia (Rome) on 10/24/05 will now conclude in Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale as previously scheduled. Arrival into Miami will still be on 11/9/05, as scheduled.

If you have booked air transportation through Carnival, they will make the appropriate air and transfer arrangements based on this change. If you have booked air independently using the Ft. Lauderdale airport, Carnival will offer motorcoach transfers from the Port of Miami to the Ft. Lauderdale airport for $10.00 per person. As a reminder, flights should not be scheduled to depart from either the Miami or Ft. Lauderdale airports prior to 12:00 noon.

Getting excited now.....only a few weeks to go!! Jill and Larry

Tweety August 2nd, 2005 07:43 PM

Sure am glad that all I have to do is cancel a rental car reservation and rebook from a different city. Feel bad for those that have flights in FLL.

Chyna August 2nd, 2005 07:58 PM

I wonder if the cruise that departs on November 9th is still going to depart from Ft. Lauderdale?

CA Cruiser August 2nd, 2005 09:36 PM

I'm sorry but I can't believe CCL would actually charge ppl already booked for this cruise $ for transfers. They (CCL) changed ports so they should offer complimentary transfers. RCI did last year when we had to dock in Miami and not PC because of Frances. Everyone that had to go back to PC or Orlando for a flight received complimentary transfers.

LGriggs548 August 4th, 2005 06:50 AM

We have air out of FLL but no problem, I'll just use the shuttle. $10 per person is a deal so I'm not complaining (at this point anyway). Can't wait, this one has been a long time coming. I am soooooo ready! See ya soon.
Linda

sandydownunder August 5th, 2005 02:39 PM

I got the official notification about the change which pleases me as we are flying out of Miami. I knew about the change at least a week before the official notification from a poster on cruisecritic. The reason given by the poster was that as this will be the Liberty's first US port of call they are having a luncheon and ceremony for dignitaries in Miami. They were not certain they could off load us transatlantic crossers and sail to Miami in time. Hence the change. It will be interesting to know if they sail back to Fort Lauderdale to board passengers for the next cruise or whether they'll be told to embark in Miami.