Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evie

Default spirit class aft photos

Does anyone know where I can see a picture of the aft on any of the Spirit calls ships of carnival. Would really like to see the Legend.
Would like to know how the decks are layed out in the back.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to StaceyL Send a message via AIM to StaceyL Send a message via MSN to StaceyL Send a message via Yahoo to StaceyL
Default Re: spirit class aft photos

Try the web site http://cruiseclues.com. It will give general ship statistics and photo albums.

Happy cruising!
Old August 3rd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Admiral

We had an aft balcony on the Spirit, deck 4, 4230, 2nd one from the left in this picture, same level as the flag. The overhang covered us from above and not too much sun. The view was great and wonderful extra long balcony. My only complaint was the ocean noise, very loud. We were so close to the ocean, you couldn't have a conversation while having breakfast out on the balcony and it was hard to concentrate while reading. I just googled this so you might try again because I know there are side views available on webshots too.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...49506765VzOSPX

Post Edited (08-03-05 20:57)

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 3rd, 2005, 01:38 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

if you look under the interactive features and do a search in the photo gallery you will see some pictures i took from the Legend western itinerary.
search: Carnival Legend Dec 15,03

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Greetings Evie -

Here are 2 excellent albums to "see" photos of the Spirit class aft balcony staterooms.

Go to the web site named Cruiseclues.com and click on the second box titled SHIPTIPS in the strip below the page heading.

Locate Carnival Legend in the list down the left side of the screen - click on Carnival Legend. You now have a page of Carnival Legend information, reviews and photo albums.

Scroll down the page to about midway and you'll see a line which reads
Carnival Legend Photos (1000's) Click on the 13th line down which should read webshots chilibean105

Once you've viewed the album check out his other album (upper left corner) of the page and click on Pride Cabin 4228

Enjoy,

Willy
Miracle 3-26-06, Tropical 2000, Triumph 2003
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Evie - Additional thoughts on aft staterooms:

If you sleep late you may not want the deck directly beneath the adult pool area - they shove around deck chairs fairly early in the am - if you are a light sleeper it might disturb you. Of course, coffee is only 1 deck up, but then there's room service ...

Deck 7 and 6 should be quiet and convenient to everything - some posts have mentioned "soot" from the engines may accumulate on the deck chairs and balcony at night so dust off before you sit, however we've never had this problem, though it could be unique to Spirit class ships. Carnival Triumph was not an issue -we were #8448 on deck 8

As you move down from deck 8 to deck 4 the overhang (roof over your balcony) becomes greater and the depth of the balcony increases too. If it rains you'll get wet on deck 8 less on deck 7 and so on ... deck 4 is covered or "protected" this most." You'll get sun during the day but when its "directly overhead" you are very well shaded.

Deck 4 allows you to hear the ocean and can be quite romantic and soothing with the water wooshing past as you travel to your next port ... did I mention it was also romantic!

Best $ you'll ever spend. Were in #4228 March 06

Enjoy,
Willy
Old August 4th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Gail F.

Deck four also was split into a few different little rooms on the Legend, we went upstairs at the end to check it out and it had a different outlay, we had a little sitting room with a t.v., and private bedroon with a t.v. then a little dressing room with a walk in closet, and the bathroom was off the sitting room ,it was great !!!!!!!!!!!! like a tiny apartment.
your right the best money I spent, but the room next door was awesome also without the extra because it was also on A CRUISESHIP, in the same ocean, enjoy no matter which you pick.
Gail
Old August 4th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: spirit class aft photos

Gail

You're so -o-o-o right, if you're ABOARD the ship everything just falls into place!

Willy
Old August 4th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Evie

Default Re: Re: Re: spirit class aft photos

thank you all for your replies. I also am booked in cabin 4230. I am up early in the morning and noise does not bother me. I wanted to know if there was an overhang on this deck.
Old August 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: spirit class aft photos

Hi Evie

Yes, there is an overhang on 4230 and every cabin across the entire length of the stern of Spirit class ships - your cabin's overhang is identical to 4228 "see photos." Note: all Spirit class ships are viritually identical. Therefore, the Legend photos will also be a fair representation of what you'd expect on the Pride, Miracle and Spirit.

When are you cruising?

Willy
Old August 5th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Evie, here is a link to our aft cabin on Pride ... yours will be identical.

We loved it!

Harry

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1708

[b]Get Lei'd!