Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM
cruzn buckeye

Default What time did you get to Mia airport after cruise?

After debarkation from the Valor in Sept. we will be flying home from Miami On Delta.
Our flight is at 1:06. Will we make it to the airport on time?

Any Miami cruisers (Valor, Victory, etc.) ...what time did you make it to the airport after debarkation?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: What time did you get to Mia airport after cruise?

We have flown back to Ohio from Miami as early as 12:15 (However that seemd to be pushing it!) This time our flight back fro Miami is scheduled for 12:45 and I don't forsee any problem. We're sailing the Valor on 9/25.
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:04 AM
JennieR

Default Re: Re: What time did you get to Mia airport after cruise?

We were the first group called off the boat, and we got to FLL airport at about 12... our flight was at 3:15
Old August 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Cruzn Buckeye

Default Re: Re: Re: What time did you get to Mia airport after cruis

We are on the 9/18 cruise. You will be getting on when we are leaving. I have read some reviews that are saying that some people did not get to the port until 12:45. I am hoping that that was just a one-time thing. Or we will miss our flight home.
Old August 8th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Yeoman

We had a late flight booked and were amoung the absolute last off the Valor, we had a hotel room booked to rest in before or 8pm flight .We got to the hotel (downtown near Little Havana) by 11:30.

As long as there are no major problems with Customs clearing the ship flights after 12:00 are generally safe at this particular port.

Lesley
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:22 PM
BoosterMom

We did self-debarkation from the Victory a couple of weeks ago in Miami. We were off the ship and in our car at 8:52 a.m. If you decide to do this, I'd advise you to stay in your room with the door propped open and listen for the announcement that the ship is cleared and ready for self-debarkation. They give you an hour window to do this AND even with busy elevators and stairs, it's easier than schlepping down to the Caribben Lounge with all your luggage and crawling over people in there. You do hold up your room steward just a bit, but not much. On the Victory and I think Valor, you debark and embark on level 3, Lobby Level.............I think you'll be fine on your flight. There were cabs, tour buses, etc. all awaiting your wonderful leftover money.......!!