Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:42 PM
khemet1975

Default Mexican Riviera Ocean Color

Would anyone tell me what color the ocean water is in the respective ports of mazatlan, puerto vallarta and cabo san lucas? Pictures online vary too much. I'm from Los Angeles and would not consider myself on vacation if the water looks the same as it does let's say at Venice Beach. This is for a late September cruise. I'm also going on a cruise to the Caribbean this New Year's Eve.
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Mexican Riviera Ocean Color

the Mexican Riveria is not the CARIBBEAN!!!!!!! I am from San Diego and have done Mexico (Puerto Vallerta, Mazatlan, & Cabo) and until I saw the waters in the Caribbean never new anything could be so many shades of beautiful blue, not to mention warm and clear and the marine life is amazing. You have soooooo much to look forward to. Katie
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:53 PM
cali-croozer

It's not clear like the Caribbean, but we snorkeled in Puerto Vallarta and there was visibility. You are fortunate to be able to go on both cruises in such a short amount of time. Have a fun time on BOTH cruises!!!!!!
Old August 8th, 2005, 12:03 AM
khemet1975

Default Re: Re: Mexican Riviera Ocean Color

Thanks Katenanna45 and Cali-croozer . The caribbean has ruined me! Hmm... at least there is some visibility in Puerto Vallarta and I've heard good things about Cabo. I'm going to focus on appreciating the best of all places!
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Male

AWW you will love the Rivera! Just like they say the blues in the caribbean...WELL...THE GOLDS in the Rivera...you cant get the golden look in the carribean...its nice to vist all types of water...and the only time the Rivera looks a bit dark is around noon...other than that its perfect!
Old August 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM
marvgirl

I have been to both. Skip the snorkling in P.V. we were really disappointed. It just real murkey and the visability was low. The snorkling in Cabo was much improved. I couldnt believe the difference within a few days of eachother. Definitely save your snorkling money for Cabo. Nothing compares to the Caribbean. It is just spectacular there. The first cruise I went on was the mexican riviera and when I went to the caribbean I was just blown away how different it really was. Enjoy both cruises!
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Cristina

Green - Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. The clearest water in in Cabo. For the crystal clear blue water you need to go to Cancun and such.
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:03 PM
cruisingrandma

I have been to the caribbean 4 times and the Mexican Riviera once. I love the colors of the Caribbean and the mexican Riviera is beautiful to see. its not the Caribbean! Bit I am still glad I went and got to see the great places.. Happy cruising...