Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Mom of 3

Default Carnival Quint Cabin??

Has anyone ever stayed in a "quint cabin" on a Carnival Cruise. We are sailing on the Triumph in April with our 3 kids, our first cruise. We have a an interior quint cabin on the lowest deck. It was the only quint available. I'm a little worried about the room. Will the kids fall off the upper bunks??? How small is the room?? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Quint Cabin??

Yikes! is all i have to say 5 in an interior stateroom will be close quarters. You will have nothing for floor space, just make sure everyone puts all their stuff away everytime they change clothes, You will probably have to have your room steward stow your luggage for you. Bathrooms are small. Put the littlest ones in the bottom bunks. I think that the uppers do have bedrails, if not you can request them. Pack light, limit the amount of "stuff" that you and the kids bring.
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Mom of 3,
You are probably getting a cabin with 2 bunks (yes they have mini rails) and a rollaway bed. We had this twice on the old Jubilee when our sons were 4-13 and we did fine. But we had an oceanview cabin and the window sill was 2'X3' and the 4 y/o played up there, perfect for him. The rollaway was only up at night after dinner and when we returned from breakfast it was folded and put nicely in the corner. All our luggage stored under the beds, using one for misc since it was easy to get to. Each son had a 2 hangers; we hung all his t-shirts on 1 and pants and suit on the other. Then they had 1 drawer for the rest of their things. It worked out great. Two suggestions made on these boards...1. At the $1 store buy an over-the-door shoe holder and use it to help organize things, toiletries, socks, sunscreen, etc. 2. The father and sons took showers in the gym and got ready there. It just takes a little organization and you'll be fine with have lots of wonderful memories. They are now in their 20's and can still tell you the nams of the cabin stewards and wait staff because they made them feel special.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Kakarp

Found these pics on a web site and save just for this purpose. I hope that they help.

http://webpages.charter.net/kakarp/s...and%20bunk.jpg
sofa and upper bunk

http://webpages.charter.net/kakarp/room%20for%204.jpg
upper, lower and main bed

http://webpages.charter.net/kakarp/four%20bunks1.jpg
four bunks

http://webpages.charter.net/kakarp/d...own%20bunk.jpg
drop down bund and sofa

kakarp
Old August 10th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Kakarp

forgot the brackets

sofa and upper bunk

upper, lower and main bed

four bunks

drop down bund and sofa
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Passenger

Hello,
Yes it will be very close, but you will still have a blast! It is like one big pajama party, we took our grandchildren and giggled every night before going to bed. (Good Night John-Boy!)
You just have to be organized thats all. Bunks overhead were safe, kids loved them.
We decided when we bring grandkids 2006 we will get two cabins adjoining that doesnt add much more money and will give you one extra bathroom. my hubby can stay in one cabin and me in the other. I am 53 so that is not such a big deal. Plus if we need alone time there is Camp Carnival that the kids totally LOVE! Have them pack small items like game boys, CD w/headsets, books. This way while you are getting ready they can sit on the beds and play.
Just go with a positive attitude, dont stress this its a cruise and you wont be in cabin long anyway, too much fun to have!

Bon Voyage
Georgene

Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Quint Cabin??

My daughter had an upper bed on our last cruise and she says that it had seat belts - I guess its in case of rough seas... Whatever the reason, she was tickled by the idea, and buckled up for safety everynight...