Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 01:12 PM
First Mate

Default Inspiration

Has any Cruisemates been on the Inspiration 4 day cruise to Cozumel lately? We are
going in October and just wanted some opinions on the food, service, ship condition,
shows, and anything else you can think of. Thanks for your help. Oh, also shoretours
in Cozumel.
Happy Sailing..................
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Neolo

Default Re: Inspiration

You'll have a great time on Inspiration and in Cozumel. I and my family did the Five-day Inspiration Cruise in late July. Service and food is very good. Filet mignon, burgers, hot dogs and the sea food were all excellent!! The ship, though nearly 10 years old was clean and appeared in fine shape. The crew were constantly cleaning public areas to keep them that way and the Room stewart always kept our cabin tidy.
Entertainment--Two comedians, a dance show and a rock and roll band in one of the loonges kept us thoroughly entertained throughout the cruise

I did the Mayan Ruins of Tulum. One of the highlights of the trip but be warned--it takes at least 2 1/2 hours to get there because of the catamaran fo Playa de Carmen and bus ride from there to the Ruins. The bus ride back is quicker since there is no bathroom/giftshop stop as there is going to. You have about 2 hours or so at the Ruins--it's quite a site and I thought well worth the trip!!
I think the 4-day cruise might have the Chichen Itze ruin excursion since you have more time in Cozumel, but that's an even longer bus trip. That trip takes 12 hours total where Tulum was about 7 hours or so.
Other members of my family enjoyed the snorkeling excursion.

Hope this helps!

Fantasy 1992
Inspiration 07/2005
Old August 14th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'll be going in 11 days ..for a 4 day to cozumel.. I'll let you know when we get back...

Old August 14th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We went on my first cruise last year Nov 18 out of Tampa on the Inspiration for four nights. I had the best time. We didn't have any other ship to compare her with but she docks close to our homebase so we chose her. She looks like an older ship but the crew was extra nice. We liked it so much that we booked our second cruise which is the five nighter on November 26 on her again out of Tampa. We figured we saw Cozumel we may as well see The Caymans to. The dining rooms were nice and the service excellent. We actually only had one complaint and that was the very last day when we found all our counter water and soda bottles charged for on our sign and sail. We knew we didn't open them as we brought our own water and we don't drink soda so it left only the seward to have done it. The seals were broken the last day or night. We couldn't understand why he did it either as we tipped him alot extra each day plus the amount they take out immediately. So watch that so it doesn't happen to you as it to us and others on our floor. However we felt comfortable on her and I am sure you will also. We think you will have a really great time. Ro and Kenny

Post Edited (08-15-05 06:52)

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

10 days to go untill i'm cruising now cant wait..it is allmost here..

Old August 15th, 2005, 06:44 PM
BoosterMom

On Inspiration in Jan of this year. First of all, you will love sailing out of Tampa. Most organized of all ports we've come across. The Inspiration is older, but laid out very well. Would go on her again at a minutes notice. Lots of nooks and crannies to read and have a drink. Wonderful bar in Lobby and internet cafe is there too. Empress deck is my favorite. Crew excellent, friendly, food wonderful. More relaxed formal nights than Victory. Just had a wonderful time on this grand ship.
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Re: Re: Inspiration

Tammi wishing you a fun time on the cruise coming up. RO

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Passenger

When are you going in October? My husband and I are going October 6th to Cozumel.
Hope to meet you if that's the cruise you are on.

Joyce
Old August 16th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

thank you ro.. now its 9 days...I'm sooo ready...

Old August 16th, 2005, 10:16 AM
ajc

I will be on the Inspiration this Saturday, Aug 20. Can't wait. Anyone else going to be on this cruise?
Old August 16th, 2005, 02:34 PM
DENISE H

have not been on the inspiration been on the triumph and went to cozumel and we did
the dolphine encounter and went to chankanaap park its a short ride to the park it was beautiful park and very clean we went in october ther was not alot of people around have a great time on your cruise