Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
amc800

Default Carnival Water - How Clean?

Hi everyone,

I have a cruise coming up in a couple of weeks and was curious as to how filtered the water is that you have in your stateroom (bathroom sink, etc). I was trying to figure out if I needed to bring a handful of bottles so I could stock up on water when I went to lunch. But then I started thinking that maybe since we're on a boat and they needot treat the water anyway, the water that goes to your room may be just as good as what they serve in the diningroom.

Does anyone know??? It would make things much easier for us.

Thanks,
Adam
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver
Default Re: Carnival Water - How Clean?

Yes the water that you have in your bathroom sink is the same as in the dining room and in the lido area. We have never had a problem with funky tasting water, I would have to say it is a hell of allot better than what comes out of my tap at home.

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Admiral

We always do just this as the water is better than bottled water in our opinion. Just clean and refill your used water bottles. What we often do is make sure the ice bucket is cleaned and then fill it up. The cold freah melted water we pour into a bottle for nice cool water to go on excursions with.
Jim

Old August 14th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Passenger

I think it depends on how picky you are about your water. The First time we cruised we saw people carrying flats of water bottles on board and I thought, "Oh no...the water must taste bad on the ship." It wasn't too bad but I have a tendency to visualize where the water is coming from when I drink it and found myself gagging every time I drank from the tap.

So, last month for our cruise, we brought two packages of water bottles. My husband carried one and I carried the other. The bad part is going through check-in and having to lug the water. But after you get on board, go straight to your room and drop off your carry-ons along with your water.

I drink ALOT of water, so we had already depleted our supply when we arrived in St. Thomas. At the dock, there was a small grocery/misc. store. We stocked up on water again and it lasted until the end of the cruise.

A little trouble, but SO worth it in my opinion.

Jennifer
Have fun!
Old August 14th, 2005, 07:10 PM
cruisingrandma

on the lido deck they have the juices and lemonade and fruit punch. Well they have a ice dispenser and a water faucet for drinking water. I always filled my bottle there. i got one that was a big mouth on it and put ice in too. this worked out so great. filled it at nite and had it ready in the morning for excursions. I put it in the ice bucket surrounded with ice. Perfect...... Tasted great too.
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:50 PM
cali-croozer

The water in the stateroom is fine, but is not very cold. Like the others said, you can get ice and water on the lido deck anytime. A few years ago, we brought water and sodas on board and hardly drank any because we just didn't want to go to our cabin every time we wanted a drink. On our last 2 cruises, I bought our kids soda cards (kinda expensive, but convenient) and I drink the water on the lido deck.
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

We've been on the Inspiration and the Conquest, and the water is great ! Tastes just as good as bottle water to me. I too drink alot of water, and the cups are small on the lido deck, so I'm going to bring me a larger container for this next cruise.
No worries there mate !

Happy cruising all;
david

Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old August 14th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You always do things differently, on your next cruise, and water is one of my changes. We took water, and it weight a ton, took up to much room, and we didn't need it. Never again will we go to all that trouble.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:15 PM
TomS

The water from the sink is very clear. In fact, it is probabilly purer than the tap water from your sink at home. The CDC inspects potable water treatment and storage extremely rigourously every six months, and has been known to dock inspection points from ships for apparently minor problems such as using the wrong color striping on the potable water pipes. Some people, however, note that the water might taste a little flatter than what you are used to. This may impact water, coffee, and some fruit juices. I personally think the water tastes fine, but if you want to bring a bottle along for when you go ashore, you can do that, too.

TomS
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:52 PM
amc800

I want to thank everyone for such great (and quick) responses - as always! This forum is always such a great help.

Thanks again!
Adam
Old August 21st, 2005, 07:59 PM
LadyVine

Take bottle water just in case, I didn't like the way the water tasted in the dinning room its tasted like well water, so every night I either took my own bottle of coke or water. The waiter just bought me a glass with ice and was nice enough to open and pour it for me.
Old August 21st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Considering I don't even drink, cook or brush my teeth with the water that comes out of my faucet at home or work, I pay for the bottled water on a ship and on land....Just a quirk that I have about OUC water. There is probably nothing wrong with the water on board, this is just my only OCD issue I have.

I can taste the difference between tap and bottled water and the difference between the various bottled waters. If you are as sensitive to water taste/filtration as I am, pack your own.

Jodi