Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Jo Richardson

Default December weather

Well this may seem like an odd question but since we've never cruised before I have no idea. My husband and I will be cruising to Mexico from Galveston in December what type of clothing do we need to bring? Thank you for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Re: December weather

Hi Jo,

This is a question I had as well. What I have found out is that we will need our winter stuff until we get out in the gulf, and then it will start getting warmer. By the time we get to Cosumel, it will be warm enough to swim. I was told that on one cruise, they came back to snow on the ground in Galveston. I guess we will have to see how bad the winter is here, but we have talked about leaving all the heavy stuff in the car, in Galveston, and change back into it once we get back.

I hope that others will tell us there experience.

What ship are you going on, and when in Dec.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Jo Richardson

We're sailing December 3rd on the Ecstacy. That is a really good idea to leave the winter stuff in the car. Thanks for your help.
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

We traveled back December 3rd, 2003 out of Galveston. The weather was nice and sunny but the temperature and wind was chilly. We wore jeans, sweatshirt and light jacket on the ship as we left Galveston. The wind really picks up when you set sail. The next morning the weather was still too chilly to lay out in a swimsuit but it was ok in clothes, later that evening it was wonderful and we couldn't wait to put shorts on. In Cozumel we wore shorts, tank tops and sandals. In Calica we sweat!!! Big time! It was hot. When we arrived back in Galveston we put back on our jeans and shirts and light jacket. We are headed back on December 4th on the Elation. Can't wait and look forward to the beautiful weather and water! If you have anyother questions I would be more than happy to answer them for you!

Luanne...Sad that you aren't going on the cruise with us but am very glad you are going later and was able to get off work. Have a great time!

Old August 15th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Admiral

I would have loved to be on there with you, but no one could get off. But you are the reason we are going again so soon. After trying to plan it with you guys, I couldn't stand it not working. lol I expect you to be my eyes and ears, on what to expect. E=mail me with your adventures.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 15th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Jo,

I just noticed you spelled Ecstasy wrong. I spelled it a different way every time. It had become a joke for our family, because I had such a hard time with it. This time, I picked a ship I can spell. lol The Ecstasy is a beautiful ship. She will always be my first love. It is also a good Newbie ship. I didn't meet one crew member that did not go out of there way to be helpful. You will have so much fun.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 15th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Luanne

We will have to talk when our cruises get closer. I think we are doing the ruins tour in Progresso, Paradise Beach in Cozumel & the river wallace tour in Belize. Try to think of the questions that you would want answered about the Elation and I will make note of them and try to find the answers for you before your cruise. We can't wait only 110 days until we cruise!!!

Old August 16th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Okiemom,

We pretty much know what we are doing in Coz and Belize, but Progresso is a problem. Telling them to let's do the ruins is like telling them to have there noses put on the back of their heads. lol They want something to take them high, go real fast, or something on a hook. I am told that the Elation and Ecstasy are very much alike, except the color. When are you guys getting back to Galveston? I wish we were close enough to get together and at least have a cup of coffee together. Are yall staying in Galveston the night before or the day after? Where are you going to stay this time?

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 16th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be in Galveston on December 3rd and staying at Quality Inn & Suites on the Seawall. We would love to meet up for a coke or something. We were going to take the kids to Galvestion this summer but the gas prices were way too high. So we won't be there until December. After the cruise we will hop on I-45 then I-35 heading home. Don't want son to miss all of the Christmas (winter) parties at school. My husband probably feels, about the ruins, like your family but too bad! I book it and pay for it so he has to go along with it. If it was up to him we would wing everything and end up doing nothing in the ports. Where do you live? How close to Galveston?