Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Yeoman

Default Valor - Far Forward Cabins (6207)

We were assigned cabin 6207 on the Valor. This is as far forward as you can go for a balcony cabin on this deck. Just wondered if anyone here has had one of these forward cabins or been in this particular cabin #6207. All we are concerned with is if there is a wall sticking out on one side obstruction our view. I guess we wonder to about how much more motion there will be being this far forward on this particular ship. This is a handicapped room (I use a wheelchair part of the time). I've asked about this on the Disabled Person's board but have had no response. Anyone know anything about these cabins?
One good thing, it looks like we will have shade on our balcony from the Bridge. It looks to be directly above us. We're also hoping to see dolphins this cruise! I've heard you're more likely to see them when you are forward. 7 cruises and we've never seen dolphins!!!
Thanks for any info you all have!
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2005, 07:35 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Valor - Far Forward Cabins (6207)

we were very far forward (about four cabins back) on the Victory, but lower than you are. We were on Main Deck. Didn't feel any motion at all. Did hear thrusters when we docked and left the dock area. I think a thruster must have been out of sync as we were leaving port one night while we were in Pacific Dining Room and the huge fixtures on the ceiling were rattling big time. So much so that people sitting under them, moved until the thrusters were turned off...........I think you will be fine. I've heard the handicapped rooms are huge and with a balcony, I'm sure you will love it.
Old August 19th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Admiral

We were 1104 on Valor(W.Caribb.)(no balcony). I thought perhaps there was a bit of movement(it was not terribly wavy at all the first night)-did not affect me, but did affect my 13yr.old and my husband also felt it when they woke up the first morning. She also felt it the morning of disembarkation....perhaps it is just that bit of 'open' sea.
Good luck finding out more info. It is a lovely ship.
Old August 20th, 2005, 01:55 PM
rosetattoo

Cruisequeen, we always book a stateroom as far forward as we can get, love it up there and have sailed on the Valor on the Lido Deck 9225 (loved it). When you're mid-ship you hear all that racket coming from the galley, day and night. When you're sitting on your balcony you will be facing out towards the water anyway. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do, we always book our cruises a year in advance so we can snag one of those far forward rooms. Have a wonderful vacation!!!